car weaker after tune. Backup cuts out now
-
chandler51
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 3:27 pm
car weaker after tune. Backup cuts out now
Bought Predator U7191 for my 06 Monte, v.9r01. The car is not as strong as before. I have tried the "Predator" tune as well as the 91 octane tune and neither is as strong as the original. When I re-install the "backup", the car idles fine but cuts out badly under any amount of throttle. Am I doing something incorrectly here? The car is bone stock , no CAI or anything. I would love to return the unit but in order to satisfy the 30 day satisfaction guarantee, I need the backup tune to work. Does anyone know what can I do here? I am EXTREMELY disappointed with this so far.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: car weaker after tune. Backup cuts out now
Not sure, I have never heard of such an issue on any application.
If the backup is restored and there is a driveability issue, there is likely something else wrong.
Can you post up what revision is on the Predator?
Thanks
If the backup is restored and there is a driveability issue, there is likely something else wrong.
Can you post up what revision is on the Predator?
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: car weaker after tune. Backup cuts out now
what grade gas are you using?

2008 Chevrolet Corvette
Victory Red
MN6
--Mods--
Avic-D3
SLP LoudMouth I Exhaust
Vararam Intake w/ Throttle Body Spacer
Predator DiabLewTune
RE: car weaker after tune. Backup cuts out now
how do you have a revision of 9r01 on a Predator U7191, when the latest revision is only 8r09 ???
how did you re-install the backup?? did you install the Factory HP Tune??? if so, that didn't do anything or change anything...
you need to go to OPTIONS > TROUBLESHOOTING > RESTORE ORIGINAL BACKUP
how did you re-install the backup?? did you install the Factory HP Tune??? if so, that didn't do anything or change anything...
you need to go to OPTIONS > TROUBLESHOOTING > RESTORE ORIGINAL BACKUP
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
-
chandler51
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 3:27 pm
RE: car weaker after tune. Backup cuts out now
At the top of the main menu it says "Predator v.9r01" Is that not the rev? Using 91 octane with Lucasoil octane booster. Restored original backup...as far as the latest rev level, unless I am looking at the wrong thing, it is exactly what I said it is.

- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: car weaker after tune. Backup cuts out now
When this tool first powers up, tell me what the bootloader says, like:
booting_U7191 or booting_7194 ?
Is there a sticker on the box with a part number?
booting_U7191 or booting_7194 ?
Is there a sticker on the box with a part number?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: car weaker after tune. Backup cuts out now
Also, let the Predator read and clear any trouble codes if there are any present.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
chandler51
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 3:27 pm
RE: car weaker after tune. Backup cuts out now
It says "booting GM_E40" The next screen is "2005-2006 LS2 - LS4" There are 2 stickers on the box. The large one says U7191 Predator LS2 )% Corvette, 05-06 GTO, SSR, Trailblazers. A barcode is beneath that text and the number 689076339575 is beneath the barcode. The (very) small sticker has the logo and the number203552 with a barcode below it.

- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: car weaker after tune. Backup cuts out now
OK, just wanted to make sure it is the correct tool...
Do you have the same driveability issue with the tune installed?
Do you have the same driveability issue with the tune installed?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
chandler51
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 3:27 pm
RE: car weaker after tune. Backup cuts out now
No, thats the weird thing. It drives fine, just doesn't seem to have as much power as before. Used the predator tune and the 91 octane tune. I wanted to return to the backup tune to see if loss of power was just in my head or what. It is the hottest day we've had this year and the hottest since I've owned the car, and having had performance cars in the past, I know air temp makes a HUGE difference. That is why I wanted a "baseline" if you will, using the original settings to compare. When I re-installed the backup, I pulled into the street and when I gave it throttle, it started cutting out severely. I immediately pulled over, re-upped the Predator tune and it ran fine.

RE: car weaker after tune. Backup cuts out now
Chandler,
Have you dialed in your LTFTs yet?
I noticed only a little difference between stock and the 87 tune until I also dialed in the LTFTs. Then I noticed quite a difference.
Have you dialed in your LTFTs yet?
I noticed only a little difference between stock and the 87 tune until I also dialed in the LTFTs. Then I noticed quite a difference.

07 Chevy Silverado w6.0L Vortec Max, U7194, AEM Brute Force
-
chandler51
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 3:27 pm
RE: car weaker after tune. Backup cuts out now
Dude - I'm new to all this...and somewhat an idiot...I have no clue what you are talking about?!? LTFT's? Man I miss the days when you pulled the stock EPROM, popped in you're stage I, II, or III and started ruining a perfectly good pair of tires! What are LTFT's?

RE: car weaker after tune. Backup cuts out now
k man.. give me a little while - I'm in the middle of waxing someone else's car... I'll send you a different crom revision update to load in the predator and to your car...
be back in a bit...
be back in a bit...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
RE: car weaker after tune. Backup cuts out now

07 Chevy Silverado w6.0L Vortec Max, U7194, AEM Brute Force
-
chandler51
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 3:27 pm
RE: car weaker after tune. Backup cuts out now
Hey -
Thanks guys for your help on this...06MonteSS I'll be sure and donate to your dslogredux when I get this all straightened out!! Ches111...thanks for the link, I had no idea as to what I have gotten myself into! This will surely help!! (I'm still not sure what a crom rev update is though)
Thanks guys for your help on this...06MonteSS I'll be sure and donate to your dslogredux when I get this all straightened out!! Ches111...thanks for the link, I had no idea as to what I have gotten myself into! This will surely help!! (I'm still not sure what a crom rev update is though)
