Can’t download / update ecu unlock

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the Ignition updater software for PC or Mac

Moderator: sohfast94

jworkm

Can’t download / update ecu unlock

Post by jworkm »

I recently purchased the Intune i3 for my 17 Silverado. Unfortunately I got the model for pre-2017 gm vehicles and need to get the ecu unlock. However the Ignition’s updater app has given me nothing but problems. First will not work with my Mac. The software simply says device not recognized and does nothing further. I was able to connect the device directly to my Wifi and perform the initial device update, but still no way to get the ecu update needed. I found an old netbook with Windows 7. And this almost works. However after prompting to buy the $40 ecu update it fails to load the ignition store url to actually purchase it. Give all sorts of varying tls/ ssl type errors. I have spent the better part of 3 days installing updates reinstalling etc etc etc to make this work to no avail. FWIW I get the same errors when manually going the store url directly in IE (8 or 11) however can successfully navigate there with chrome and Firefox on same laptop. I have since purchased the $40 update via chrome and the ignition store with the hopes somehow my i3 would see the update when connecting from WiFi directly fro it. No dice

I’m out of ideas to try on my own with the equipment I have on hand. Any other ideas to try? I’m new to the tuning world but quite comfortable and knowledgeable in the tech world both on the hardware and software front. So I’m. It afraid to get my hands dirty trying anything to get this going.

Thanks in advance
mikel

Re: Can’t download / update ecu unlock

Post by mikel »

did you get this resolved?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com