Page 1 of 1

2014 Silverado 5.3 TCM Tune Question

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:57 pm
by funwith1500
I have a 2014 Silverado 5.3 6 speed – I am new to this tuning world; I am used to timing lights and carburetor jets :). I have installed the 91-octane tune, AFM turned off and the throttle boost at 10%. This has definitely helped in performance and fuel mileage. I would now like to try using one of the TCM tunes but I am a little nervous about which one to use. I would like to know from experienced users which TCM tune would be the best to start with. This is my daily driver and I do occasionally pull a small utility trailer. Thanks!

Re: 2014 Silverado 5.3 TCM Tune Question

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:16 am
by mikel
neither will hurt anything, its entirely up to you whether you prefer the firm or hard shift option.

Re: 2014 Silverado 5.3 TCM Tune Question

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:31 pm
by funwith1500
Thanks! I will start with the firm and go from there. Right now it seems a bit sluggish, thanks for your reply.