PCM Recovery

Discuss Predator 2 for Chrysler vehicles

Moderator: sohfast94

jayman

PCM Recovery

Post by jayman »

Hi I just recently sent Diablosport my 2014 Ram PCM to recover it after having issues installing a tune. Now that Ive re-installed it, I do not have Daytime Running Lights anymore (I'm in Canada and they are mandatory) and the dealer safety recalls software updates I did a month ago are no longer working (autopark feature and I imagine the others that were done). So is it correct to say that it wasn't restored, but rather they installed outdated software on my PCM from a US vehicle??
mikel

Re: PCM Recovery

Post by mikel »

No, we wouldn't load the incorrect software.
These functions are not controlled by the pcm, so its hard to imagine what happened here.
I would try a battery disconnect and see if that helps reset things, if not get it to a dealer for a reconfig and let me know what they say.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
jayman

Post by jayman »

Thanks for the quick reply Mike! I'll pull the negative lead on the battery and see what happens. If it doesn't work I'll bring it to the Dealer and see what they say. I will tell them that there updates did not work and need to be redone as well as my DTRL stopped working after they had my truck...Ill let you know how that goes lol. I just wanted to make sure nothing will show up on there end that will put me in an awkward spot like being tagged to a US VIN or something.

How long should I leave the negative lead disconnected for to reset? Thanks
mikel

Post by mikel »

pull both terminals then turn on the headlights, let it drain voltage for a few seconds then reconnect.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
jayman

Post by jayman »

Did the reset and the DTRL are working now but the dealer software updates are still not active. I’ll bring it in and let you know what they say.
mikel

Post by mikel »

give it some time, its not uncommon for it to take a bit to re sync everything.
We see it with customers on 15+ applications that install our modified pcms now and then
They report lost features but they always come back.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com