i1000 not responding when Building Tune

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
Zammit

i1000 not responding when Building Tune

Post by Zammit »

I have an i1000 version 1r03n. Last night, I changed the transmission shift points and it wrote the new tune successfully. Today, I wanted to check the tire setting but when I selected Adjustable Parameters, it prompted me to install the tune from the previous night. I selected yes and the Building Tune screen appeared but did not go past 0% and the wait symbol was motionless. I left it like that for 30 minutes but nothing happened.

I disconnected/reconnected the car battery and tried accessing Adjustable Parameters again, but the same thing happened.

I tried to load a previous tune from the i1000, thinking that maybe the new tune was corrupted, but it won't go past 0% Building Tune and the wait symbol is still stuck. The red Back button at the top left and ? don't respond. The i1000 unit is frozen each time it tries to build the tune.

I connected the i1000 to my laptop and deleted the stored tunes and copied the last good tune from backup. I reconnected it to the car but the same thing happens.
The car starts okay and I can navigate all the options on the i1000.

I checked the i1000 virtual disks and they all passed - no errors. I Cleared All Updates, and then reconnected it to the car. I chose the Adjustable Parameters options and now I am getting error "Unable to resolve tune for LTW (tune file name). I selected continue and then tried to load the previous good tune but it won't budge past 0% on Building Tune and the wait symbol doesn't move.

The unit has only ever been paired to this car. Info data follows:

-<tool_info>
<main svn="6604" sw_rev="1r03n" full_version="InTune-1r03n 09/23/2013 05:20:39 PM"/>
<registration status="0" sn="IGN3762-2"/>
<cal_id CM1="04692392AFki000" PCM="04896600AL"/>
<restore bc="23" vin="1C3H9E3H46Y114136" id="0"/>
<system_db vin="1r01c" dtc="1r01a" info="1r01b"/>
<db pid="1r01a" tune="unknown" mfr="DCX"/>
<db pid="1r01b" tune="unknown" mfr="FORD"/>
<db pid="1r01a" tune="1r01t" mfr="GM"/>
<license tuned="1" avail="1"/>
<updates count="1"/>
<oem tool_oem="DIABLO"/>
</tool_info>

I updated the firmware and still have the same problem. On one attempt to restore the original tune, the display read "No ECU found". I disconnected/reconnected the ODB2 cable and then it detected the ECU. I didn't restore the tune because I am afraid I won't be able to get the custom tune installed and the car won't run on the original file.

I checked the Vehicle Info and it still has the tune from the previous night. It just won't budge loading a different tune or edit the one that's in there.

Please help.
mikel

Re: i1000 not responding when Building Tune

Post by mikel »

are you sure it updated?
Post the current info file please.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Zammit

Post by Zammit »

Hi Mike,

The display read that the change was completed and to unplug the tuner, per usual. I've never had an issue with this unit. I attached the info file as requested, plus a photo of the Vehicle Info data, and a photo of the Tune Vehicle error describing the tuner's inability to locate the latest file.

The new file created post-transmission setting change is titled i1k_supercharger_tune_003, which is the file stated in the Vehicle Info menu - LTW (please refer to the attached photo).
The previous file was titled i1k_supercharger_tune_002.

Thanks for assisting.
Attachments
20200303_165327[1].jpg
20200303_165327[1].jpg (899.42 KiB) Viewed 12408 times
20200301_165120[1].jpg
20200301_165120[1].jpg (390.04 KiB) Viewed 12408 times
info.xml
(516 Bytes) Downloaded 277 times
mikel

Post by mikel »

device is way out of date and missing files...

load the attached file to the root of the intune drive and let the device import it.
Once thats done, open the update agent software and let it try to update again.

Thanks
Attachments
intune-1r03y.itf
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 364 times
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Zammit

Post by Zammit »

I added the file to the Intune root directory as instructed. The unit didn't display anything and I left it alone for about 5 minutes. I assumed it imported the file silently but I had no way of knowing. I then did the following:

1. Ran Update Agent as instructed after copying the file to the root dir, but I received an error that there was insufficient free space on the unit. I found a 44mb file in the root dir and deleted it. There wasn't anything else on the drive of any consequence that would be responsible for consuming space. I suspect it was the Update Agent download package from 2 days ago.

2. Ran Update Agent again and it downloaded 6/8 updates then installed, verified, and rebooted the unit.

3. Update Agent resumed with the final 2 updates and then presented an error. A screen capture is attached, titled error.jpg. I selected OK and the agent continued.

4. The unit rebooted and then displayed "Loaded PCM_.....". It was too quick for me to note-down but I recognized it as either the original tune or the last known tune.

5. Update Agent began to download update 8/8 but it remained in that state for about 10 minutes. I closed Update Agent and then restarted it and it found 8 updates again, same as step 2.

6. All 8 updates downloaded okay and wrote to the unit, then installed them.

7. Disconnected/reconnected the unit to enable it in Windows and then "Completed operation" was displayed.

8. To verify it had updated, I re-ran Update Agent, expecting it to report that the unit was up to date, but it found 8 updates and started all over again.

9. At update 6/8, I received the error as described in error.jpg - step 3 above. I selected OK and the process resumed, same as before: installing, verifying, writing, rebooted, installing, and then upgrade complete.

10. The unit auto-restarted then read Writing, Verifying, and then it presented the main menu.

11. Update Agent then got stuck downloading update 8/8. I left it for 10 minutes and then closed the application.

12. Out of curiosity, I connected the unit to the car and when I selected Adjust Parameters, I received an error message and it wrote the error to the log file. I connected the unit back to the laptop but in the Error dir, there are 2 log files date modified 2011 so it appeared to not have written the log file even though the display read that the log dump was successful.

13. Ran Update Agent again and this time it found 5 updates, not 8. The 5 updates wrote and installed successfully, and I received "Completed operation" again. I closed Update Agent.

14. Connected the unit to the car but the same happened as at step 12 with the same results.

15. I reconnected the unit to the laptop to download the info.xml file to send to you, and as I was typing this reply, after about 5 minutes, the unit display changed to Preparing. I didn't run the Update Agent; the unit must have been running a queued routine. After Writing, in order of appearance, it presented Verifying, Preparing, Writing, Verifying, Preparing, Writing, Verifying, Preparing, Writing, then it rebooted.

16. I reconnected the unit to the car, and presto, I can access Adjust Parameters. All of the preset tunes are back as well. I reapplied the parameter values and they all saved and wrote the next version tune _003.

So, in summary, it eventually had a happy ending. I am an Enterprise Systems Manager and IT Infrastructure Business Analyst, so this is akin to a day in the office for me. As you alluded to, Mike, the i1000 was not only out of date, but it had become corrupted by way of lost files. This is a failure to maintain system currency which is a major faux-par in my profession. It's just not an option to allow a system to get to that state. It didn't occur to me to keep the i1000 updated and this was the result. The version was far to old and too many updates had to be applied at once, hence the failures mentioned above. As with everything in life, live and learn.

Thanks, Mike. Have a pleasant day.
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (271.52 KiB) Viewed 12394 times
mikel

Post by mikel »

good deal, enjoy.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040