Update failed for 2018 canned gm

Post any questions or comments about your Trinity for your GM car or gas truck here.

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Bensjamming

Update failed for 2018 canned gm

Post by Bensjamming »

Got a 2018 Silverado and went to update the t1000 to the newest firmware and it would keep stalling while trying to do that. The last time it seemed to go almost all the way through. I thought I'd try it and see if I got lucky, but when I hook it up to the truck and select Chevrolet 2018 silverado 5.3 it goes blank and freezes with only 3 of the lights around the buttons lighting up and I can not get it to do anything beyond that. I tried holding left while powering it on to reset it but it just does the same thing everytime.

Is there anyway to force the update to go through since when u hook it up to the PC it says that it is up to date. I'm guessing something screwed up while updating
06MonteSS

Re: Update failed for 2018 canned gm

Post by 06MonteSS »

you need to download and install the latest version of of the DSDownloader program from diablo's Download page/site... You need to install that on your Windows PC/laptop and then run it to get your old discontinued Trinity updated to all the latest updates...

Then you will need to purchase the ECM unlock from diablosport for that 2018 truck...

2017/2018/2019 vehicles require a special unlock sequence... so what will happen is, when you go to install a tune the first time, the tool will give you a message that "one or more controllers can not be tuned - Contacting powertech for vehicle unlock... you will be notified within 1-2 days" - or something similar to that effect.. so then in 1-2 days (usually within an hour though) you should receive an email (if you registered your tool on diablo's site) that your update is ready.. or just run the updater again to update your tool in an hour or so - so then you'd run the Ignition Updater on the tool again, and it will update the tool with the unlock code for your ECM, and then you'd be able to tune the vehicle...

If you still can't get anything working correctly after following my direct instructions/info, then you need to contact Mike Litsch at mlitsch@powerteq.com - he's the tech support manager and can get you straightened out...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Bensjamming

Post by Bensjamming »

Any idea how much it costs for that ecm unlock code? Didnt know that was a separate purchase after spending that much in a tuner....
Bensjamming

T1000 does not support 17 and newer GM vehicles....

Post by Bensjamming »

Finally got through to the customer support line and according to them the T1000 is no longer able to get the required updates to support any 17 and newer GM vehicles. My only options are to sell it privately or to trade it for 25% off the purchase of a new tuner from them.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

Aaaah.. then yes, you'd need to get the new inTune i3 8246 Platinum or the Trinity T2 EX 9246 Platinum...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yeah unfortunately we no longer have a means of delivering the unlock for this device for 17+ GM vehicles.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com