DCX I1000 keeps freezing up

Post questions/issues related to your inTune-DCX application here.
honeyham

DCX I1000 keeps freezing up

Post by honeyham »

Hi Mike, I'm experiencing issues with my device continuing to freeze up. I spoke with Brian yesterday and he told me to go through the Update agent and that it should solve the problem but it continues to freeze up when trying to restore or write a tune. I have attached the XML file for you. Please help. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Re: DCX I1000 keeps freezing up

Post by mikel »

seems to have updated fine, if that didn't help it may just be getting old....we offer an upgrade program where you can trade this in for about 25% off a new device if you want to go that way.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
honeyham

Post by honeyham »

Wow! I paid $400 for this device. It doesn't seem fair practice to have to pay another $300 for a new device. Do I have another option? Is there not something else I can do to try to fix this issue?
mikel

Post by mikel »

we haven't sold these devices is over 5 years now.
Unfortunately we havent offered repairs in the past 3 years or so.
If you think about it, how many people do you know that are still using a 5 year old cell phone?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
honeyham

Post by honeyham »

That is an appalling answer Mike. It’s not a cell phone. It’s a tuner that has been Used on my jeep for many years. I actually have a Samsung S7 that works perfectly fine. It’s more than five years old. I really can’t believe your answers and lack of customer service right now. I’m going to consult with an attorney because this does not seem right. This is a product you guys sell, therefore you should be able to service this product if possible. Not force people into buying another tuner that will in five years, Probably do the same. Absolutely amazing! And I don’t even know what’s been changed on my vehicle programming and there’s no way to know because your device won’t load up. Wow! This may lead to some legal action for you guys.
mikel

Post by mikel »

If parts were still available, we'd be happy to service anything for a fee, but unfortunately these types of electronics get replaced/upgraded constantly and often specifc parts become obsolete.
If code change is required to support a different piece of replacement hardware, but the device has been out of production for years and years, we have to make a choice as to whats best.

We are by no means forcing you to buy a new device, and any dealer can get you back to stock if needed with a quick reflash.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com