AEM wideband and EAS cables

This area of the forum is for discussions relating to the T2 monitor/tuner on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

zues29

Re: AEM wideband and EAS cables

Post by zues29 »

Dragon23 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:09 am I’m curious about the calibration screw on the gauge. What does the T2 read at idle, and what does the AEM gauge read at idle
idle should be 14.7 at idle on all gas engines.
Dragon23

Post by Dragon23 »

You need to measure the voltage, yes the sensor is 5 volts but if it was reading 4.5 volts which is possible, that would mean you need to adjust your upper scale if the documentation said 0=10 and 5 = 20 but you are getting actually 4.5 let’s say change it to 18 and see what it reads, I like to silver soldier low voltage connections to limit any possible voltage drop wire gauge and length play into this as well. Tweak that part of the scale and you will be good.
Dragon23

Post by Dragon23 »

Actually you are not off by much try 19.5
zues29

Post by zues29 »

what am i adjusting? the wideband or the trinity2 and how and were do i go to change value?
Dragon23

Post by Dragon23 »

On your Trinity. Your gauge is actually an controller connected right to your wide band so it is correct.
The white wire carries a 5 v signal.
If you want to check to confirm, turn the ignition to the run position the sensor will heat up and when it is ready will read full lean witch is 5v.
You can measure that with a multi meter
If the ground to your EAS is not that great or the connection to white is crap there will be a drop in voltage.
On your T2. If you used a predefined sensor setting, change it to the last on the list to custom.
Name the sensor / description etc. and enter the custom scaling
0= 10 and try 5= 19.5 tweak it till the read the same, but if you are doing a final tune it should be done on the dyno, where most operators will use there wide band that has been calibrated with reference gas I use it for base tunes and as a warning if something is wrong
Dragon23

Post by Dragon23 »

Actually I’m not sure if it will let you but you could also try to lower the upper boundary v
For example if you get 4.5 v change that instead, it is definitely a scaling issue not the T2
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Dragon23 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:09 am I’m curious about the calibration screw on the gauge. What does the T2 read at idle, and what does the AEM gauge read at idle
To whom is this directed at? The AEM wideband reads correctly. It works 100% fine on HP Tuners even. I removed the EAS and unmarried the T2 and HPT had literally zero issues with it. I changed no wiring to the AEM. Plain and simple; DS, their products (I have 3 broken i2's that got RMA'd at $100 a pop and literally never worked and now the T2 that won't log my wideband to save it's life), and their support are worthless on my platform. Once I'm done with my Neon I'm selling it and never buying another DS product. I'd sooner go to a stand alone management and pay the emissions fines.
Dragon23

Post by Dragon23 »

wow my bad for trying to help!!!!!!!!!!!!! some one who probably would have problems with leggo, it was a scaling issue in your set up!!!! you are too dumb to figure this out don't diss on me because you are dumb!!!!!!!!
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Dragon23 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:12 pm wow my bad for trying to help!!!!!!!!!!!!! some one who probably would have problems with leggo, it was a scaling issue in your set up!!!! you are too dumb to figure this out don't diss on me because you are dumb!!!!!!!!
The calibration screw on the back would change the displayed value on the gauge; not just the T2 (if you calibrated the T2 to read say lambda). It's 100% not a scale issue, if you had read (assuming you're capable of reading) the previous posts.

As far as having problems with logos for, you can't seem to actually use the built in functions of a 90's style BBS so...

Cry more snowflake.