Battery drains really fast?

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Dulac2013

Battery drains really fast?

Post by Dulac2013 »

I have the Diablo Intune i3 for my 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3. Maybe I need a new battery? My battery will be fine when I am running it but if I has the truck off and the tuner plugged in than it quickly drains the battery (which I hear is not good?) Also I have had the truck say low battery after running it and turning off after I had only been sitting inside for about a minute or two. They checked it at the garage when I was getting something checked out and they said the battery was fine. I dont have any subs or extra lights hooked up. So there is not really anything I have installed that would draw extra current. Maybe the battery isnt the strongest?
06MonteSS

Re: Battery drains really fast?

Post by 06MonteSS »

Sounds like it's time for a new battery for your truck, because the inTune wouldn't drain the battery like that...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Post by mikel »

I've left these devices plugged into vehicles for days accidentally and not killed a battery, they have very little draw.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Dulac2013

Post by Dulac2013 »

Yeah I was thinking it was probably time for a new battery I just was not sure if it was something that true a lot of current in general. But thanks yeah ill have to get a new battery.