EPA shutting down tuning?

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

Docholiday17

EPA shutting down tuning?

Post by Docholiday17 »

So, I've got a buddy that works on cars a lot. I was in the market to begin tuning my 2017 Challenger (camming, tune, etc).

He's all worried about the EPA cracking down on "defeat device" makers, which seems to be another term for tuning tools (such as the Diablosport tuner) or tuners themselves.

Has anyone else heard word about anything like this? I don't want to start down the rabbit hole of tuning and be midway through a tune/build or something and suddenly I can't contact or do business with my tuner because they were fined and court ordered to "not do that again", kinda thing.

What I've researched, it seems to be more diesel companies that are getting hit, due to emissions related things, but they're not just focused on them.

Here's a short video kind of highlighting/backing up what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvuiut8iQIM
mikel

Re: EPA shutting down tuning?

Post by mikel »

We don't offer any defeat devices. Nothing we sell allows someone to disable emissions equipment or cheat an emissions test, etc.

All of our tuning is self certified to Memo 1A standards, same as CARB uses to issue EO numbers.

Nothing to worry about here, we are playing by the rules and will continue to be leaders in compliance tuning.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com