2017 Jeep GC 5.7L cannot change Tire Size, and Park Sense unavailable

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

DarkPhantom

2017 Jeep GC 5.7L cannot change Tire Size, and Park Sense unavailable

Post by DarkPhantom »

I just updated my i3 to 3r01w, and then attempted to change the tire size, because I put larger tires on my 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk with the 5.7L. I used the xxx/xx/xx feature as I didn't measure the new tire height, but when I put the new numbers in and clicked OK, it attempted to make the change, my instrument cluster flashed a message but I couldn't catch what it said as it blinked extremely fast, and the i3 immediate returned an error saying it couldn't write the data (or something, to be honest I don't remember exactly what but it couldn't make the change).

Thinking that I may need to make sure the programing on the ECU version matched the version loaded on my i3, I performed a tune: disabling MDS w/91 octane tune. Programming went smoothly, no errors and completed successfully, however Park Sense didn't automatically turn back on. Pressing the Park Sense button resulted in the instrument cluster reporting that Park Sense was unavailable, and disabling it. So now Park Sense no longer works and constantly reports that it is unavailable.

I attempted to program the tire size again, but received the same unable to program message.

Any help on at least resolving Park Sense would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
mikel

Re: 2017 Jeep GC 5.7L cannot change Tire Size, and Park Sense unavailable

Post by mikel »

can you post the info.xml file from your device or the device serial number please?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
DarkPhantom

Post by DarkPhantom »

Thank you Mikel for getting back to me, I also sent an Email a few days earlier to the general support Email. I got a reply there and am working with someone to figure this out.

I have been told that sometimes the tire size program reports a failure, but it actually did make a change. I have not verified that the new tire size is reflected in the current programming.

As for the Park Sense Unavailable error I was told to revert back to stock programming however the problem still exists. This issue has been elevated to a different group for further investigation.

Short answer is I am in touch with someone already who is helping me, I appreciate your time, thank you!
mikel

Post by mikel »

perfect.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
klein1j

Post by klein1j »

Hmm I reported this same issue back in 17 and 18 with no resolution. Pleas please reply with the solution.
To get parksense back, set back to stock tire size - worked for me. But after 5 years I would love to be able to set the tire size and have my parksense work too!
klein1j

Post by klein1j »

Was there any solution?
Seeing 2017 is now 5 years old, this is when people have to start replacing tires I.E. 60k miles. They will likely upgrade to a bigger tire. Maybe we will start hearing more complaints and that will be enough for DS to really look into this
klein1j

Post by klein1j »

@Mike, do you know if there is a solution to this?
mikel

Post by mikel »

This was fixed, so I am not sure why its back. They are indeed looking into it.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
klein1j

Post by klein1j »

Mike, do you know which update this was fixed in? - I want to download and re-flash
DarkPhantom

Post by DarkPhantom »

Hey @Mike and everyone watching this thread, I haven't heard back from the tech support that I was in communication with at the beginning. Last I heard my issue was escalated to engineering I believe, since it's been a while and I didn't go through to find the exact verbiage.

As of right now the issue hasn't been resolved. I tried to re-establish communication with my original contact person but again I haven't heard a whisper from. I've asked if I can provide any further information but haven't heard back.

It is a bit frustrating right now with the park sense function no longer working especially in a city that prefers small parking spaces and tight driving quarters. These sensors offered an additional piece of mind that I'm not going to swap paint with another object. It's also frustrating that I can't roll back to a working state, except for probably swapping back the original ECU and taking it to a Jeep dealership to make sure the transmission and engine computers are both on the same software versions.

I don't mean to beat up on anyone there at Diablo, that is not my point. If there is any additional information I can provide please let me know what I can do. Also, a periodic email saying "We know you are still waiting, we are still working on your issue" instead of the appearance that my Emails going into a digital black hole would be nice.

Thank you for your assistance.
CrewCabGt

Post by CrewCabGt »

Good evening,

We are still currently working on this issue. I will ping our Engineering Dept. to check on a resolution.

I will reach out directly to the email we have here

Thanks
Stephen Richardson
Holley Technical Sales Manager
561-908-0040
klein1j

Post by klein1j »

Come on! I reported this almost 5 years ago. Doubtful it’s being worked on. How do we get this escalated?
klein1j

Post by klein1j »

:crashing:
mikel

Post by mikel »

this was fixed and must have broken again, it is being looked into.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
klein1j

Post by klein1j »

Any updates?