Lost i3 and bought a new one

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

jorge_beltran

Lost i3 and bought a new one

Post by jorge_beltran »

Hello.

Last year I applied a tune to my truck and modified custom parameters.

I am not getting a good mileage so I wanted to go back to the Diablo 93 tune but I could not find my i3.

I bought a brand new i3 and I tested it and it looks like it will let me apply a Diablo Tune 93 even if the truck is already tuned, I can come until the step where it ask if you are sure and it will start taking a backup of the current configuration.

Quick question. Is it safe to apply the Diablo Tune 93 if the truck is not stock tune? Or there is a risk it will brick it?

TIA.
06MonteSS

Re: Lost i3 and bought a new one

Post by 06MonteSS »

you will need to get your vehicle back to factory stock tuning/programming first... the tool will detect a previous diablosport tune on it and then it will not let you do anything... Once you get the vehicle back to factory stock programming first, then you can use the new diablo programmer on it...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Re: Lost i3 and bought a new one

Post by mikel »

it will see if it is tuned and ask you to contact us. If so we should be able to find copied of your backup from your old device if you ever updated it ;)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com