Page 1 of 2

U7194 9r03 logging problem

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:50 am
by 07SD
I ran a couple of logs recently with a laptop using the 7194 w/9r03.

Since I am driving I can't see the realtime data. When I get home and review the log there is no "Accelerator Petal Position" (or Throttle Position) info; the line is there but it is all zeros. The other data is there. I am logging close to 2,500 RPM at about 60 mph in 4th gear with cruise control on.

I did not have this problem on the first few logs that I ran.

u7194 9r03
L92 2007 Sierra Denali

RE: U7194 9r03 logging problem

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:01 am
by 06MonteSS
first, you want to log the "Commanded Throttle Position"

and, are you sure you actually selected it, and not just had it highlighted??

post up the log file...

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:06 am
by 07SD
When the DS tool is under laptop control I have no option for "Command Throttle Position" only the Accelerator Pedal Position". Do I need to set something on the DS before I plug in the laptop?



edit - looks like I can't spell pedal!

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:08 am
by 06MonteSS
in the dataviewer app, you should have all of the available parameters to log in a list that you select from... there is no Commanded Throttle Position??? there absolutely should be, cuz it's available on the predator itself...

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:11 am
by 07SD
The Dataviewer 3.1.7.5 only shows the Accelerator Pedal Position. I do see the Command Throttle option on the DS itself.

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:13 am
by Grumpy_Aero_Guy
Check the left column, make sure it is selected. Best to do this with the engine idling, DV fired up, Pred hooked up. Play around in your driveway. When ya think ya got it, make a short laptop log reving the engine a bit, and look at the log.

That happened to me once... turned out to be user error, but, I agree, the DV app can be a little cumbersome ref the parameters that are selected to log.

2nd Recommendation:

Hook up predator (no laptop) and do a driveway log selecting all desired parameters via the tool and test it.

When you subsequently hook up via the laptop/DV, the selected parameters SHOULD translate. I, too, had to dork around with it a bit before it was all right.

Log Commanded Throttle Position for sure for your pedal position.

EDIT: go to the product support page for U7194 and make sure you have the latest DV app.... They do mysteriously update on occasion without a lot of fan fare.

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:23 am
by johnc
The parameters on the DataViewer will often have different names than the ones on the Predator. Also, under the Settings menu, make sure you have "Show Infrequently Used PIDs" selected, the one you are looking for may be in that larger group.

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:27 am
by Grumpy_Aero_Guy
oh yeah.... remember that now that you mention it.

Thank you sir...

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:28 am
by 07SD
Thanks. I fiddle around and do a driveway log and see how it goes.

Just a few minutes ago I did make sure that It was indicating "Accelerator Petal Position" changes in the driveway using the laptop. The laptop says DV version 3.1.7.5, but I'll install the version now on the web just in case.

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:33 am
by johnc
Grumpy_Aero_Guy wrote:They do mysteriously update on occasion without a lot of fan fare.
Most of the updates these days are only for support of new product. The next big release will be for Trinity support.

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:36 am
by 06MonteSS
and for our TCM support parameters!!

:lol: :lol:

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:41 am
by CANUCKPREDATOR
The next BIG release better be the TCM support!!!!

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:53 am
by 07SD
Well, the driveway test was positive. I was able to log the "Accelerator Pedal Position" data to the laptop. I did go into the tool and select the "Commanded Throttle Position" for logging before I connected the laptop. But, as I did not have to select any of the parameters on the laptop (the Dataviewer selected them all for me) I don't know that that helped.

Also, I did re-install the latest viewer on the laptop. I wish I new for sure what the real problem was, but I am happy for now

Now for a road test

Lew, Thank for all the technical - and moral- support. Your help is greatly appreciated!

No "Commanded Throttle Position" available in Data

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:52 pm
by stinkpalm
I have the same issue. I cannot find the "Commanded Throttle Position" PID, so I used the "Accelerator Pedal Postion (%)" PID. The data gets logged, but then after a bit the reading for this PID goes to 0? When I use the "Absolute Throttle Postion (%)" PID, I get data that changes and doesnt sit at 0 value. Is the "Absolute Throttle Position" the PID I should be using to log cruise data? Thanks!

RE: No "Commanded Throttle Position" available in

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:02 pm
by 06MonteSS
well, I know commanded throttle position is in there, cuz grumpy logs it when he does his logs....