PCM Question

This area of the forum is for discussions relating to the T2 monitor/tuner on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

bball_bobby

PCM Question

Post by bball_bobby »

I just recently bought a used 2016 392 Scat Pack Challenger. I also just bought a Trinity T2. I am wondering if there is any way to safely find out if the PCM currently in the car is unlocked or not? I don’t want to risk “bricking” the car but I would like to find out before I request for the PCM swap.
Thanks
bball_bobby

Re: PCM Question

Post by bball_bobby »

I decided to just try since I was gonna pcm swap anyways, and after I tried to let it read my stock tune after selecting a tune, it said that the ecu needed to be unlocked before tuning could be allowed. So no damage or bricking, but I did update the calibration before trying to tune the locked pcm. So if anyone views this, the steps I took in my 2016 392 Scat Pack Challenger were: updating the Trinity T2 and downloading the appropriate calibration for my car online, plugging the tuner into my car and allowing the calibration to install, and lastly trying to tune it and it telling me the ecu was locked. This is not a carbon copy recommendation for any other used scat purchasers out there. I was going to PCM swap anyways and figured I might as well try it to see if I did indeed purchase an unlocked Scat. No codes were thrown after, at least not what the T2 could pick up. The car did not brick and is fine. It did however have to take a while to install the calibration and meanwhile the dash lights were going off. I did have to turn the car to off and run during that process as well. So it was a little misleading as to if the car was unlocked already or not. But the Diablo system did not break or ruin the car. I am very happy with that for sure and am looking forward to receiving the unlocked PCM so I can finally start my tuning journey!
mikel

Re: PCM Question

Post by mikel »

the calibration update is fine, but yes, it seems the pcm is indeed locked.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com