LS1/LS2/LS3/LS4/LS7 etc. - LOGGING, ADJUSTING INJECTOR SLOPE

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

06MonteSS

Re: LS1/LS2/LS3/LS4/LS7 etc. - LOGGING, ADJUSTING INJECTOR S

Post by 06MonteSS »

yes... as long as you have a GM vehicle...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
lailerp

Post by lailerp »

I just ran the testing as described and i got an inj slope adjustment of -20%. I have a 2009 Silverado with a 5.3L engine and i have a K&N intake kit. I am a little nervous about the adjustment number as i expected it to be a little smaller but i do get a lean system trouble code during highway travel over an hour in length. Just looking for some feed back if this is a reasonable number.
fightinfarmer2010

Post by fightinfarmer2010 »

Good morning!

Ran at data log yesterday and made a +3 slope adjustment on my '09 Silverado w/ 5.3

I know the adjustments have to settle in and will log again next week to verify everything is in order, but my question is this: how often should I check these parameters in the future? I dabbled with this a few years ago and ended up chasing my tail, logging every other week and always having to make some kind of adjustment, sometimes one way then back the other the following run
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

if you log on a good warm/hot normal day for your area (intake air temp of at least 85+ degrees) and adjust based on that day, then you can just leave it... no need to keep changing it...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

lailerp wrote:I just ran the testing as described and i got an inj slope adjustment of -20%. I have a 2009 Silverado with a 5.3L engine and i have a K&N intake kit. I am a little nervous about the adjustment number as i expected it to be a little smaller but i do get a lean system trouble code during highway travel over an hour in length. Just looking for some feed back if this is a reasonable number.
you've got issues with your truck.. you have an air leak somewhere... you should not be that lean... check the K&N intake - they're notorious for slipping apart... so make sure everything is put together all the way and that all clamps are TIGHT so no air leaks anywhere...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
fightinfarmer2010

Post by fightinfarmer2010 »

OK thanks! Once everything is dialed in, if I decide to change tunes in the future, the parameters stay the same regardlesss of what tune file is in the truck...thinking about running the Diablotune after this tank of fuel is gone
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

yes.. when you go to change tunes, it will ask you if you want to "reset all parameters?"... select/answer NO to that, and it will apply your previous adjustments to the new tune you are installing...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
bgeroy

Post by bgeroy »

I've just done my first couple of logs this past week, and I have been using this thread as a guide for fueling adjustments. I have been reading my logs using the dataviewer, and my WOT logs only show 83.5% throttle. I'm pretty darn positive my pedal wont go any farther. Is this something that can be adjusted using my inTune, or another simple way? Is it possible to get a 100% reading?
07 Silverado NBS 4.8 4speed
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

that is correct for Absolute Throttle Position... no issues there...

log the Commanded Throttle Position and you'll see 100%....

you're fine...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
bgeroy

Post by bgeroy »

Thanks for the quick reply, and for all of the info on this thread, the DSLogRedux program is great!
eacostad

Post by eacostad »

I have installed the 91 octane (because thats the highest grade gas available in my area), I have put over 75 miles on the car and I started data logging with my Intune in 5th gear 68mph 1900rpm and have ran those logs through the DSLogRedux program and its telling me to go -4 on my slope. The problem im getting is that after going -4 on the injector slope my LTFTs are showing as -17. Am I doing something wrong. My car is a 2007 Corvette A6. I have attached my log before i did my -4 adjustment, I didnt my last log that was showing the -17ltft.
Attachments
1G1YY26U275111298_02.log
2007 corvette A6 91 octane tune log
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 889 times
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

you have physical/mechanical issues with your car/mods if you're average ltft's are at -17 man...

you should be no where near that rich... so you have issues somewhere with that car...

check everything under the hood, make sure all vacuum lines, vent/breather hoses are connected where they should be.. all clamps/bolts on any mods fully tight, etc...

what mods are done to the car???
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
eacostad

Post by eacostad »

06MonteSS wrote:you have physical/mechanical issues with your car/mods if you're average ltft's are at -17 man...

you should be no where near that rich... so you have issues somewhere with that car...

check everything under the hood, make sure all vacuum lines, vent/breather hoses are connected where they should be.. all clamps/bolts on any mods fully tight, etc...

what mods are done to the car???
The car is all stock except for an axle back Borla exhaust. It is only showing the -17ltft after adjusting the slope and it is not showing any DTC's. It averages around 4 when it is back to 0 on the slope, would a vacuum leak somewhere cause the ltft's to go so rich when I adjust the slope? I will check under the hood today to see if I can find any problems there.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

well if it's only around 4 at stock setting, then you adjusted the slope incorrectly then.. you made it way too rich... no need for you to be adjusting it THAT much....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
eacostad

Post by eacostad »

06MonteSS wrote:well if it's only around 4 at stock setting, then you adjusted the slope incorrectly then.. you made it way too rich... no need for you to be adjusting it THAT much....
I only went -4 on the slope and now the data logs were showing -17ltft. Im changing out my spark plugs and wires right now and am going to check to if I can see anything thats loose or cracked that could be causing vacuum leak.