Need help with an unknown tune....

All General Questions can be posted here

Moderators: mikel, 06MonteSS

turbo_terrific

Need help with an unknown tune....

Post by turbo_terrific »

Hi guys,

got a few issues to ask about, about different vehicles / devices, so I'll pick the best board for each.

OK so I've bought a used 6.1 gen 3 hemi w/box, loom, pedal, modules etc. Out of a 2007 GC SRT8.

Engine is cammed, quite aggresively, heard it running on a bench setup before removing the box and shipping it.

The plan for it has changed ( as always happens lol ) so it's now going into a 5.7 2007 Commander chassis - which is fairly straightforward to get running with the 5.7 PCM I'm told....but....

I don't know the timings of the cam that's in the engine.

I have the original PCM - I was led to believe the tune was installed via a diablo handheld, but I have no evidence of this or the handheld itself.

I *do* have another 2007 GC SRT8 that can be used to read the PCM if needed, and a variety of diabo devices.

How can I work out what tune is on the PCM and what the cam timings are?

I can't transplant the PCM as the GC came with a NAG1 and the commander has a 545rfe which is staying in the Jeep.

If I can take a 'backup' using a Trinity or intune, will someone at diablosport be able to help me out and interpret the current tune for me? I believe they're encrypted anyways so not 100% what to do but I need to sort a tune for the commander w/545 gearbox based on what's in the GC PCM.

Thanks for any assistance.

Richard
mikel

Re: Need help with an unknown tune....

Post by mikel »

Im not sure hw much help the previous tune is going to be even if you managed to get a copy of it or read it out.
My honest advise is to get it running on the correct pcm then have a new custom tune made for the cam and associated mods on the correct pcm.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
turbo_terrific

Post by turbo_terrific »

Thanks for the reply - that's kinda my issue, got the engine used, cam is already in it, without pulling the cam, I don't know what timings it has. I'm gonna fit it into a vehicle and see if I can read it at all.

Thanks

Richard
mikel

Post by mikel »

you dont need that data per se. A good tuner will be able to get t running right through logging, etc.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
turbo_terrific

Post by turbo_terrific »

Yeah I'm in the UK - so that's my issue - all the good tuners are in the US, so it would be by email.

I'm just worried about starting the engine with a 5.7 PCM tune and damaging the cam.

Thanks for the info.

Richard
mikel

Post by mikel »

I promise you, its not uncharted territory. Any of the good stateside tuners will have that thing dialed in after 1 or 2 revisions.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com