Wrote off my 2013 6.4 SRT8

Discuss Predator 2 for Chrysler vehicles

Moderator: sohfast94

turbo_terrific

Wrote off my 2013 6.4 SRT8

Post by turbo_terrific »

Hi guys,

I wrote of my 6.4 SRT8, there was no power at all so I couldn't revert the PCM back to stock before stripping the engine / PCM. If I temporarily fit the PCM into a GC or another 300 ( both 6.4's ), will it allow me to revert the PCM to stock with the original predator I used? Not planning on starting the car or anything just want to use it to remove the tune file. I'm aware of 'vin handshake mismatch' from swopping modules, I've got a witech and can reset all that afterwards. Just didn't want to try if it ain't gonna work.

Thanks

Richard
mikel

Re: Wrote off my 2013 6.4 SRT8

Post by mikel »

I wouldn't suggest it as the other modules in the vehicle will likely get freaked out if you write a file with a different vin to a pcm that doesnt belong to the vehicle.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
turbo_terrific

Re: Wrote off my 2013 6.4 SRT8

Post by turbo_terrific »

Gotcha. I did a cluster swop in the 2013 and even putting the old one back, it wouldn't let me start the car due to a 'vin handshake mismatch' until I cleared it. Does the p2 check the vin on any other module other than PCM when flashing? The 2013 was a NAG1 box the others are both 8hp70 so it might try to overflash the trans controllers I'm thinking as well. If I can show you the car smashed up any chance of a discounted tool unlock? I'll be running the removed engine in a 2007 LX chargum conversion and it'll need tuning to run so it would really help me out.

Thanks

Richard