Junk tuner cost me my new truck

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

adam81

Junk tuner cost me my new truck

Post by adam81 »

Bought an inTune i3 in August 2020 to tune my 2018 Raptor when I bought it. I found a great deal on a 2020 Raptor with very low mileage and called in a lot of favors to structure a great deal that involved trading in my 2018 Raptor. Last night, I connected the tuner to restore the factory settings and I got an error message. It was late so I figured I'd deal with it the next day (today). Got into my truck this morning to go to work. Turned the kets and the truck won't start. Every light flashing and every warning message popping up. Long story short, tuner would not connect to my desktop, would not tune the truck and customer service basically told me I was out of luck. They had one suggestion - increase the voltage to the battery and try again. If that doesn't work, you have to pull out the ECM, mail it to them and wait for it to come back. And that is exactly what has to be done. So, not my current truck is dead for at least a few days, dealership cannot hold the new truck any longer and the "matter of fact" reaction of the customer service reps was maddening. I had to do a bit of research before seeing all of the issues folks have had with these things. Lesson learned.
mikel

Re: Junk tuner cost me my new truck

Post by mikel »

Sorry to hear about this. I can assure you it is not common. Voltage is a likely culprit, so if possible please do try the recovery process with a charger connected and see if that resolves it.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com