2018 Ram 1500 - TCM Backup missing

This area of the forum is for discussions relating to the T2 monitor/tuner on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

warram

2018 Ram 1500 - TCM Backup missing

Post by warram »

Hello,

I recently had to have my T2 reprogrammed because it was corrupted. Prior to it being corrupted, I was in the process of loading a custom TCM tune, which failed during the tuning process. I attempted to restore the vehicle back to stock but it too failed. Then my T2 locked up, so I had to send it to be reprogrammed, and also sent my Diablosport PCM to be looked at.

I received both of devices back, installed the PCM and connected the T2. I went to read the back up and tried to start my truck, no dice. I connected the T2 to my computer and discovered that only the PCM backup is there. What gives? I think my TCM software was somehow deleted when the custom TCM tuning failed.

How do I restore my TCM software? I have a copy of the PCM/TCM backup files stored on my computer. Is there a way for my to get the TCM backup onto the T2?
mikel

Re: 2018 Ram 1500 - TCM Backup missing

Post by mikel »

so the truck is all good, running as expected, and you just want to tune the tcm again?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
warram

Post by warram »

No sir. The truck is not running. After I received my handheld tuner and PCM back from Diablosport, I tried to start over, however, it did not work.

I had my truck towed to the dealer on Thursday to be flashed back to stock, and today they told me they could not get the TCM to accept the flash. $500 later, my truck still does not start. They are telling me that the TCM needs to be replaced. HOW?

I did not know it was remotely possible to damage a module simply by a failed tune. When I initially tried to load the custom TCM tune, it failed. Then it kept trying to restore to the backup, and it kept going in a loop, with constant errors that it could not install the backup. It kept restarting over and over.

Can someone from your tech team explain how this could have happened? This TCM is part of the valve body assembly and is over $4000 installed. That's what the dealer quoted me today.

I'm hoping the dealer is wrong.

I'm going to call into your tech line tomorrow. Hopefully, someone can help.
mikel

Post by mikel »

OK, it sounds like the actual failure was the TCM, not the PCM.
In some cases we can have the tcm sent here and recover it, but its truly very rare that its bad enough that it needs to be replaced.

If they have it removed from the trans, give us a call and we'll see about trying to recover it here.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com