Transmission parameter adjustment

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Magnus87

Transmission parameter adjustment

Post by Magnus87 »

Hey there, I have some shift flare happening at WOT on my 2000 Silverado 5.3, I’m having trouble finding info on how to properly make adjustments through my tune to stop this from happening. Anyone have any insight? OR is there any way to diagnose a possible shift solenoid problem with the data logouts? Thanks in advance!
mikel

Re: Transmission parameter adjustment

Post by mikel »

is this a new issue on an older trans?
if so, its not likely anything that can be fixed in tuning.
There should b a bunch of trans pids to log, but I am no trans diagnosis expert :)
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Magnus87

Post by Magnus87 »

mikel wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:36 am is this a new issue on an older trans?
if so, its not likely anything that can be fixed in tuning.
There should b a bunch of trans pids to log, but I am no trans diagnosis expert :)
It’s an issue that started recently, once I installed the diablo tune. I took it back to stock, and I’m doing some data loggin to see if I can pinpoint any issues. It’s a bit better at stock and not happening as frequently
Additionally, when I go to adjust the injector slope, it’s showing 0-100%, starting from zero. I have 4-5 positive fuel trim and want to reduce injector slope by 5 degrees to try and level it out at 0. Does not allow me to slope it negatively, only positively 0-100. Any insights on this?
mikel

Post by mikel »

sounds like a bug on the inj slope, will need the tech team to look into that.

if loading the tune seemed to exacerbate the issue, it could be related to the added pressures but we don't do much to the trans under part throttle/cruise.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Magnus87

Post by Magnus87 »

mikel wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:28 pm sounds like a bug on the inj slope, will need the tech team to look into that.

if loading the tune seemed to exacerbate the issue, it could be related to the added pressures but we don't do much to the trans under part throttle/cruise.
Okay, so what should I do? Send an email to tech support?
Magnus87

Post by Magnus87 »

Magnus87 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:02 pm
mikel wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:28 pm sounds like a bug on the inj slope, will need the tech team to look into that.

Funny, I read through these forums (and gmc/Chevy truck forums) for dozens and dozens of hours before I posted, just to make sure I wasn’t one of those guys asking questions that have been answered fifty times. Read every article by 06monteSS I could find, as Lew seems to be The tuning authority. Im completely stumped, so I’ve posted asking for help, and for some reason I’ve barely gotten an answer!!!

What do I do so I can adjust my injector slope properly? Just shows 0-100%!! Should I set it at 95% to reduce by 5%? Or is that INCREASING by 95%?

Where can I find more info on how tuning affects transmission? (I decreased pressure by ten, seems to be shifting much better, as this was in one of the. ERY hard to find posts about transmission flares)
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

You will want to get a custom tune done man... Because you don't want to be adjusting the injector slope anyway... leave that alone...

The correct way to adjust fueling is to rescale the MAF sensor, which you can't do with the programmer itself... that can only be done via a custom tune... Same with a lot of the shifting/tranny settings, as well as much much more that I do in my custom tuning...

You can email me directly at: diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com

-Thanks!
-Lew
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
mikel

Post by mikel »

Magnus87 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:35 am
Magnus87 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:02 pm

Funny, I read through these forums (and gmc/Chevy truck forums) for dozens and dozens of hours before I posted, just to make sure I wasn’t one of those guys asking questions that have been answered fifty times. Read every article by 06monteSS I could find, as Lew seems to be The tuning authority. Im completely stumped, so I’ve posted asking for help, and for some reason I’ve barely gotten an answer!!!

What do I do so I can adjust my injector slope properly? Just shows 0-100%!! Should I set it at 95% to reduce by 5%? Or is that INCREASING by 95%?

Where can I find more info on how tuning affects transmission? (I decreased pressure by ten, seems to be shifting much better, as this was in one of the. ERY hard to find posts about transmission flares)
call 561-908-0040 or email support@diablosport.com to contact our support team please.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com