Restoring 2007 GMC Sierra Stock Tune

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

sierrafan07

Restoring 2007 GMC Sierra Stock Tune

Post by sierrafan07 »

Hi Everyone,

I purchased a Diablo inTune all the way back in 2014 for my 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 (new body style). I used it for years but it eventually died in 2019 while I had a tune applied to it. I just purchased the new i3 and what I'd like to know is how I can get the stock tune back on the truck. I need to get the smog done in December which is why I need to reset it to stock tune. Thank you in advance for the help!!
06MonteSS

Re: Restoring 2007 GMC Sierra Stock Tune

Post by 06MonteSS »

need to take the truck to a dealer and have them flash the ECM/engine and TCM/tranny modules with the latest GM factory stock programming for the truck...

You won't be able to use the new inTune on it until that gets done anyway, as it will detect it already has a diablosport tune on it, and won't let you do anything...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
sierrafan07

Post by sierrafan07 »

Ah bummer, I purchased the new tuner because I was told it could load the stock back to the truck without anything additionally being done. A user name Mikel wrote

"Yes a new tuner will work to get you back to stock, the stock files from this device would help but are not necessary.
They would be on the intune drive int he tunes folder."

This indicates the tune backup files would be helpful, but not necessary. Am I misunderstanding his response? Is there no standard tune for this vehicle that could be emailed to me and I could load it into the new tuner? Thank you again for your help.
mikel

Post by mikel »

sierrafan07 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:18 pm Ah bummer, I purchased the new tuner because I was told it could load the stock back to the truck without anything additionally being done. A user name Mikel wrote

"Yes a new tuner will work to get you back to stock, the stock files from this device would help but are not necessary.

This indicates the tune backup files would be helpful, but not necessary. Am I misunderstanding his response? Is there no standard tune for this vehicle that could be emailed to me and I could load it into the new tuner? Thank you again for your help.
we can get you back to stock with the new i3.

let it read out the backup files and it will ask you to contact us from there, and you'll send us those files and we'll get it back to stock from there.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
sierrafan07

Post by sierrafan07 »

Awesome, thank you for the excellent service Mike.
sierrafan07

Post by sierrafan07 »

mikel wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:26 am
sierrafan07 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:18 pm Ah bummer, I purchased the new tuner because I was told it could load the stock back to the truck without anything additionally being done. A user name Mikel wrote

we can get you back to stock with the new i3.

let it read out the backup files and it will ask you to contact us from there, and you'll send us those files and we'll get it back to stock from there.
Hi @mikel,

I sent an email to the email in your signature line, tech@diablosport.com but got a return email saying that email is no longer used and redirected me to a support website form. The support form does not appear to have a place for me to attach files, please let me know what you need me to do in order to send the files to you. Thank you again.
mikel

Post by mikel »

submit the form and they'll reply to ask for the files or they'll get them through our update server.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com