2013 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 desired ECT setting (Intune i3)

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

slackaxe

2013 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 desired ECT setting (Intune i3)

Post by slackaxe »

The default setting for the Desired ECT in the Diablosport Tune was set at 212 degrees. This was making my Jeeps fan sound like a jet engine pretty much at all times :lol: I changed it to 218 degrees, but I am seeing some coolant temps that are considered "normal" but are a little concerning on these hot summer days (235 when passing or going up a long grade). Is there a middle-of-the-road ECT temp setting that you can recommend that might work better for me? Not a stock temp setting, but not a jet engine setting either LOL.

Mods are 2.5" lift, 34" tires, 4.10 gears, air lockers, cool air intake and Hooker Blackheart axle-back. I have an ARB steel front bumper and winch, but the winch sits down in the bumper, so it isn't really an airflow restriction (actually the bumper is not much of an airflow restriction at all).

Thanks in advance,
PC
mikel

Re: 2013 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 desired ECT setting (Intune i3)

Post by mikel »

may want to consider a cooler stat and bring the fans down by 20* or so with that change.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
slackaxe

Re: 2013 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 desired ECT setting (Intune i3)

Post by slackaxe »

Turned out to be a thermostat going bad. Of course when it finally failed, it failed closed lol. Part replaced, and cooling fans working as expected.