CAN I damage my engine in any way on the pully tune?

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
STEVEG
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:43 pm

CAN I damage my engine in any way on the pully tune?

Post by STEVEG »

U 7158 ford lightning 2003.
I have an old predator that i couldn't download any new stuff , becouse mu comp. says it con cant find the tool when connected. . So anyway when i set it to the first tune (diablosport tune) the truck knocks at around 80mph and under hard boost, then when i tune it to ( pully tune) the truck runs fine. So my question is will i harm my motor iny any way in a pully tune even if i still have my O. E. pully from the factory?

P.S. the only mods are a flowmaster cat back, and an airraid air filter (cone style)
your expertise will be greatly appreciated.tanx.



steve g.
cole
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:45 pm

RE: CAN I damage my engine in any way on the pully tune?

Post by cole »

Well the truck would run really rich since it would be compensating for a different target a/f.. What octane of fuel are you running?
Cole Stevens
User avatar
SCGt94
Posts: 1041
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:13 am
Location: Long Island, NY

RE: CAN I damage my engine in any way on the pully tune?

Post by SCGt94 »

pulley tune probably pulls a few degress of advance out, normally around 2, hence why your probably not detonating anymore when you run it. How many miles? And like cole said, how octane are you running?
Don
2002 WS6
STEVEG
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:43 pm

RE: CAN I damage my engine in any way on the pully tune?

Post by STEVEG »

Sorry i didn't mention I'm running 93 oct. and the truck has 97 k. and I'm also sorry i coudn't get back any sooner,(out of town)
Post Reply

Return to “Predator Ford Gas”