U7140 - Cannot save original backup to PC

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
blike
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:08 pm

U7140 - Cannot save original backup to PC

Post by blike »

For my predator for my 2005 mustang gt, i am trying to save my original backup to my computer so that i can upload some custom tunes onto my predator. The connection is all good, using port 115200 and COM port 4 as my driver is setup to, but everytime I click "Get Tune File from Predator" I get a backup failed message, the transfer never initiates because of this, and I'm unsure of why. Any suggestions? I'm using a serial to USB connector.
ski
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 7:08 pm

Post by ski »

The cause of the problem may be the serial-to-USB adapter. This same problem happened to others who used this adapter.
If you're not using a laptop, then you can install a serial port on your computer with a Serial PCI controller card.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

What revision of which tool are you using?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
blike
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by blike »

I'm using the revision that the tool came with, so I assume a really old one. When I try to update to the newest one (r37), I don't understand what I'm supposed to do to "Power Cycle"
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

It want you to plug the unit in, (or unplug and then replug) that is the power cycle.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
ski
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 7:08 pm

Post by ski »

Here are instructions for saving original backup to PC:

1. With the computer turned off, connect the Predator to the computer's COM port.
2. Turn on the computer, set the COM port's baud rate to 115,200.
3. Open DSDownloader.
4. You will get a message box saying 'Not Registered'. Click 'OK'.
5. Select the correct COM port in DSDownloader, and set its baud rate to 115,200.
6. Connect the Predator to its power adapter, and set its baud rate to 115,200.
7. Once the Predator is on the main screen, press ‘Get Tune File From Predator’ on DSDownloader.
8. A copy of the original backup file will automatically be extracted from the Predator.
9. Once the file has been uploaded, the DSDownloader will ask if you would like to save it in the .ori file directory. Choose 'No', and direct it to save the file to a location so that you can find it easily.
10. Your original backup file is now saved to your PC.

If the problem still happens, then see my previous post for a possible solution.
blike
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by blike »

Installed the latest revision onto my predator, and am still having the same problem, where my backup will get to 1% sent to my laptop, and then give me a "backup failed" message in the downloader. I'm thinking it shouldn't be the connector that's the problem because I was able to upload the update to my predator with no trouble at all.
blike
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by blike »

Bump, any suggestions?
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

Try opening up DSDL, then UNplug the USB cable from the PC, plug it back in and try again.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
tmg12345
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by tmg12345 »

I had the same problem. I clicked auto connect on the DSdownloader, that finally made it transfer.
Post Reply

Return to “Predator Ford Gas”