freezing when logging analog inputs
Moderator: mikel
Hello Folks,
I'm having the same issue with an srt4. No a/f - analog data recording that shows up on DV. I sent Jim B a PM describing some issues and I also emailed in some data logs that have a working a/f log in DV and one that doesnt. I've recorded about 10 logs using the trinity only - no laptop, and a few out of these had the a/f displayed on DV. I cant see this on my DV however, but Nigel at Tru Dyno Sports told me about the inconsistencies as seen on his end. **I have suspended my tuning efforts with Nigel until we figure this out**
I have also had my unit lockup and/or breifly fade to an all black screen for several seconds, then to return to normal functioning. I have verified obd2 port functioning several times with a Scanguage that was on the car previously - it works flawlessly.
FYI--Within the last two weeks I have downloaded the latest DV, DS, and Trinity update and verified this on the unit. On that note, I was aware of reselecting the vehicle after the trin update, but failed to do it corectoly the first time due to a message screen that asked me if I wanted to download a 2005 Jeep or truck update (non srt4). Of course, I was looking for the srt4 related message and I selected "no" which resulted in a failed device update and kept the older crom installed. I tried again and accepted the jeep/truck update and the tool updated to the latest revison.
Please let me know how I may support your team and help to resolve this issue. I have paid for a custom tune with one of your partners and I'm on hold until we get this resolved.
I'm having the same issue with an srt4. No a/f - analog data recording that shows up on DV. I sent Jim B a PM describing some issues and I also emailed in some data logs that have a working a/f log in DV and one that doesnt. I've recorded about 10 logs using the trinity only - no laptop, and a few out of these had the a/f displayed on DV. I cant see this on my DV however, but Nigel at Tru Dyno Sports told me about the inconsistencies as seen on his end. **I have suspended my tuning efforts with Nigel until we figure this out**
I have also had my unit lockup and/or breifly fade to an all black screen for several seconds, then to return to normal functioning. I have verified obd2 port functioning several times with a Scanguage that was on the car previously - it works flawlessly.
FYI--Within the last two weeks I have downloaded the latest DV, DS, and Trinity update and verified this on the unit. On that note, I was aware of reselecting the vehicle after the trin update, but failed to do it corectoly the first time due to a message screen that asked me if I wanted to download a 2005 Jeep or truck update (non srt4). Of course, I was looking for the srt4 related message and I selected "no" which resulted in a failed device update and kept the older crom installed. I tried again and accepted the jeep/truck update and the tool updated to the latest revison.
Please let me know how I may support your team and help to resolve this issue. I have paid for a custom tune with one of your partners and I'm on hold until we get this resolved.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
We are looking into this my friend.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
AH HA!
I cracked the code on this tonight! I hooked up a new analog signal to Analog 1 to monitor fuel pressure, and moved AFR to Analog 2. Now, this did not solve the problem in itself. I made a whole new scaling for FP on Analog 1, with scaling and units in PSI. Look at log "L.log" to see the results. In that one, PSI is recorded, and in DV, but AFR is still missing.
Now move on to log "M.log" and notice that BOTH analog channels are there. The difference? In all my previous build ups of the analog configurations, AFR was given no units. I left that part blank, but gave it a name and all the scaling. I went back in, edited the parameter, and added "AFR" as the units, and lo and behold, AFR shows up in DV. What a simple, and silly thing.
Now move on to log "M.log" and notice that BOTH analog channels are there. The difference? In all my previous build ups of the analog configurations, AFR was given no units. I left that part blank, but gave it a name and all the scaling. I went back in, edited the parameter, and added "AFR" as the units, and lo and behold, AFR shows up in DV. What a simple, and silly thing.
RE: AH HA!
That explains why Analog 1 & 2 appear in DV but your AFR would not. DV is probably flagging it as an invalid input node from Trinity. Have fun!