How to unmarry my Intune

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
Post Reply
Tweaked
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:40 pm

How to unmarry my Intune

Post by Tweaked »

I bought an intune from a local guy who told me it was unmarried. However I think I got jipped. This thing says "Tuned = 1/Avail = 1". How can I unmarry it from his car so I can marry it to mine?

Also, when I plug it into my car, it says "No ECU detected, Check Ignition key". What does that mean?
Othelious
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:00 am

Re: How to unmarry my Intune

Post by Othelious »

if you still know the guy, take it over and plug it into his car, restore original tune, that will un marry it. otherwise, I think it costs like 175 bucks or something like that for Diablosport to send you a file to unlock it.

as for the no ecu... problem with obd port, or your car is old enough that it doesn't use an ECU, so would not be supported.
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

Re: How to unmarry my Intune

Post by Mike_Levy »

The ECU error is more likely that you don't have the key in the ON position. If its OFF or in ACC, the computer is sleeping and can't be found.
Tweaked
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How to unmarry my Intune

Post by Tweaked »

I triple checked the key position, so it was definitely in the "On" position, and my car is a 2005 Dodge SRT4 which is a supported vehicle.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: How to unmarry my Intune

Post by mikel »

perhaps the connector or cable has been damaged.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Tweaked
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How to unmarry my Intune

Post by Tweaked »

The guy I bought it from is supposed to come over tonight so we can figure it out. I'll post back afterwards.
Tweaked
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How to unmarry my Intune

Post by Tweaked »

Well I got past the ECU issue, but the guy I bought it from has not returned my calls or texts. I need another option to be able to use this Intune. How can I reset it so that it is unmarried and I can tune my car?
rwenzel1
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:36 am

Re: How to unmarry my Intune

Post by rwenzel1 »

If you can't get him to unmarry his car then you will have to send it in...sad truth of it all and you will have to pay the extra 175 which is another sad truth. you might as well have bought a new one!
maxniman
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:49 pm

Re: How to unmarry my Intune

Post by maxniman »

Tweaked wrote:Well I got past the ECU issue, but the guy I bought it from has not returned my calls or texts. I need another option to be able to use this Intune. How can I reset it so that it is unmarried and I can tune my car?
it looks like the guy you bought it from tuned his car and then sold it knowing it would not work
Tweaked
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How to unmarry my Intune

Post by Tweaked »

Well he finally called me back this morning. I'm going to meet him at this work today. He will have his car there so we can unmarry it.
Tweaked
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: How to unmarry my Intune

Post by Tweaked »

Good news! He made good on his word. He met up with me and we reloaded the original tune on his car and then connected it to my car and it allowed me to load the Diablo Tune although I didn't do it there. I wasn't home and didn't want to run into any issues.
Post Reply

Return to “General inTune forum”