2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

Post questions about your Trinity for your Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler vehicles here.

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
Redrock
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:12 pm

2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

Post by Redrock »

Hey guys!! New to the forum and now a proud new Trinity owner! I filled up with 91 the day before I received it. :)

I have installed the default 91 performance tune and notice a difference instantly. Shift points were a big difference in firmness. I noticed that my truck doesn't downshift on the usual hills it would before. Gas mileage seemed to be better too. Bottom end torque was better according to my "butt dyno" lol. I just wanted to post here and see if anybody else with my current mods have done any customizing to the default tune. Any feedback appreciated! Thanks!

My current mods:

BBK 85mm Throttle Body
Airaid CAI Kit
Custom exhaust- Locally built "true dual" exhaust using factory pipe ID. I installed an x-pipe with dual cherry bomb extremes and deleted the resonators and then replaced stock tips with 4in. x 18? in. rolled edge tips. Looks factory. :)
Suncoast Creations Ram Air Hood


I would love to install some headers and "redo" my exhaust with mandrel bent pipes and maybe some e-cutouts just to be annoying ahahhaa.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58772
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

Post by mikel »

maybe look at adding 4-5% WOT fuel to see if it helps.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
dmac999
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:47 am

Re: 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

Post by dmac999 »

mikel, I've got a 2014 Ram 5.7L running your 87 tune with a K&N drop in filter, 87mm throttle body and Corsa exhaust. Do you suggest try adding 5% WOT fuel for my application?

Thanks
User avatar
garrett
Site Admin
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:26 am

Re: 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

Post by garrett »

there should be no need to adjust the fueling on your vehicle for the modifications done.
Image
drclemons
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Re: 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

Post by drclemons »

Im running the 93 CAI tune, mods are CAI, catch can, exhaust, and throttle spacer. i wanted to know if its any adjustments i could make for more power. wot, timing....
Post Reply

Return to “Trinity Dodge Gas”