i1000 reading Mustang as Automatic

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
brad2192
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:16 pm

i1000 reading Mustang as Automatic

Post by brad2192 »

Hello!

I have a 1998 Ford Mustang 3.8L 6cyl that is 5-speed. I just installed 4.10 gears and bought this product to unlock my speed limiter so I can exceed 75mph (due to short gearset). I am wondering how I am able to set the i1000 to register my vehicle as a 5-speed because I am getting options for shift points and whatnot for an auto. Thanks!
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: i1000 reading Mustang as Automatic

Post by mikel »

the shift points are there for all cals, but it knows you have a manual calibration.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
brad2192
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Re: i1000 reading Mustang as Automatic

Post by brad2192 »

Alright, with that being said I have no speed limiter removal, and when I set the rev limiter for neutral it limits my rev in all gears as well. I believed it to be registering as auto because in the rev limiter options it only had "drive" and "neutral"
brad2192
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Re: i1000 reading Mustang as Automatic

Post by brad2192 »

So, question is. What can be done to fix this error.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: i1000 reading Mustang as Automatic

Post by mikel »

post up the backup and last tune written files from the tunes folder on the i2 drive.

your car does not know manual from in gear, so the neutral limiter will affect everything.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
brad2192
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Re: i1000 reading Mustang as Automatic

Post by brad2192 »

Here is the info you requested
Attachments
PCM_CRAI8E2_LastTuneWritten.frg
(128.58 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
PCM_CRAI8E2_Backup.frg
(128.59 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
brad2192
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Re: i1000 reading Mustang as Automatic

Post by brad2192 »

So, after waiting for your reply I've found information myself that your product does not fulfill the functions it advertises. I am told I need to pay for someone to unlock parameters? That's like buying a car for 20k and the keys cost an extra 10k after you payed the original amount. I am getting a refund, SCT costs less and has more functionality STOCK.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: i1000 reading Mustang as Automatic

Post by mikel »

I dont know what you are referring to?
There are no extra parameters for sale nor will you find another tuner that offers more end user parameters...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58771
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: i1000 reading Mustang as Automatic

Post by mikel »

Have you loaded our tune with no changes to confirm there is a speed limiter still present?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
brad2192
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Re: i1000 reading Mustang as Automatic

Post by brad2192 »

Speed limiter removal, as I said that is why I originally bought the product. SCT has speed limiter removal. I am being told by your associates that I need to order a custom tune to have that removed. Yes it is not removed and there is no option for it. There is only a traction control option.
brad2192
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Re: i1000 reading Mustang as Automatic

Post by brad2192 »

I have been waiting for multiple responses by you and your associates for days and no one has cared to try and assist other than saying I have to pay more by using a site like diablewtune.com. Your product was clearly advertised to have a axle ratio adjustment and even in the tuner it shows the option but nothing to select. I installed 4.10 gears and I payed $400 expecting this to be a quality product. I have had nothing but ignorance from your company.
DiabloMatt
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:19 am

Re: i1000 reading Mustang as Automatic

Post by DiabloMatt »

have you tried to go over 75 mph with the performance tune installed? i ask as the tune that you posted has the speed limiter already shut off. as the preloaded tunes are supposed to have it shut off already and that is why they are not listed as an option to change
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

Re: i1000 reading Mustang as Automatic

Post by 06MonteSS »

brad2192 wrote:...other than saying I have to pay more by using a site like diablewtune.com. ....
I can't help ya.. I'm a GM guy and only tune GM vehicles.. I don't touch Fords...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

Re: i1000 reading Mustang as Automatic

Post by Mike_Levy »

06MonteSS wrote:
I can't help ya.. I'm a GM guy and only tune GM vehicles.. I don't touch Fords...
Thats fine, because with that iron boat anchor 3.8, a decent tune wouldn't do much good. I'd be shocked if it was even capable of making the car go over 75mph. Never should have existed, but Ford had a tendency to underpower everything in the 80's and 90's. My 90 LX had a whopping 86hp before the swap. Thats why I became power hungry and now won't touch anything with less than 400.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
brad2192
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Re: i1000 reading Mustang as Automatic

Post by brad2192 »

Yes, but even after I installed the tune the DCX and Ford db are missing, and I still cannot update because I'm still not registered somehow, it won't let me even tune anymore. I've tried the updater. The device is giving me issues and I can't even go back to my stock settings because those db files don't exsist. Yes, I have tried download and dragging the .itf's to the drive they don't update.
Post Reply

Return to “General inTune forum”