5.7 Low Idle in Drive after Tune?
Moderator: sohfast94
5.7 Low Idle in Drive after Tune?
2010 Charger RT . Loaded the CAI 91 Octane tune recently and all is fine but I did notice that while idling in drive, my rpm’s sit at 500-550ish. Used to be around 700. So I raised the idle +100 and it does idle higher while in drive but if I come to a stop it will go back to 500. If I blip the throttle , it will go back up to what it was set to in the tune but still ends up sitting at 500. Is this the tune doing that? Don’t recall that happening before in the years that I’ve had the Charger .
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 5.7 Low Idle in Drive after Tune?
we do not change idle speed in the tunes, can you load the tune as delivered with no adjustments and then post the last tune written from the i3 drive/tunes folder here?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: 5.7 Low Idle in Drive after Tune?
Loaded the CAI 91 Tune with no adjustment to the parameters and will try to send over the files now.
Re: 5.7 Low Idle in Drive after Tune?
Hope that works ;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: 5.7 Low Idle in Drive after Tune?
+ an update ; Drove around with the tune as delivered and it still went down to 500rpms half of the time. The other half it stayed 700ish. It’s a noticeable sound difference when it happens
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 5.7 Low Idle in Drive after Tune?
and if you return to stock, it no longer happens?
did you do any other mods at the same time?
did you do any other mods at the same time?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: 5.7 Low Idle in Drive after Tune?
Sorry for such a late reply. Life’s been crazy but in a good way. I don’t drive the car much but it still does the 500rpm drop. Noticed it doesn’t do it with A/C running. I want to figure it out because it makes my oil pressure drop psi from 37 at 700 to 27 at 500. I haven’t switched to the stock tune to see if it will still do it but I will.
Re: 5.7 Low Idle in Drive after Tune?
And I didn’t add any mods at the same time as the tune. Just has a K&N Cold Air intake , muffler and resonator delete and a catch can.
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 5.7 Low Idle in Drive after Tune?
odd, keep me informed of the behavior when you can return it to stock please.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: 5.7 Low Idle in Drive after Tune?
So I’ve returned to the stock tune and for some reason it’s still dropping down to 500rpms at idle in drive. It will sit at 700 for a few seconds then slowly go down to 500 and rest there. I’m not really sure what could be causing that but if it’s doing it with stock tune , it may not be the tuner that was doing it. Just seems odd as I never noticed that in the years I’ve had the charger until I used the tuner.
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
Re: 5.7 Low Idle in Drive after Tune?
certainly odd, could be a sensor or mechanical issue
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]