2004 silverado with 2005 fans, how does u7193 turn them on??

Predator support for GM gas vehicles

Moderators: 06MonteSS, mikel

Post Reply
Midevil1
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:50 am

2004 silverado with 2005 fans, how does u7193 turn them on??

Post by Midevil1 »

How do I make the u7193 turn on my electric fans? I have 05 fans on a 04 silverado with the Nelson wiring harness that plugs into the correct pin in the PCM. My buddies u7193 on his 05 has the option but mine does not???? I just had this thing updated a month ago.? :evil: Version 2.10.

I was told by a Diablo tech on the phone that it would do this, What gives???
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

RE: 2004 silverado with 2005 fans, how does u7193 turn them

Post by mikel »

Your PCM does not know you are adding electric fans, so it cannot give you control over them.
We can activate the PIN for you if you sned me a copy of the tune, but the Predator will not allow you to set the fan temps since it thinks you have a mechanical fan.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Midevil1
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Midevil1 »

Mike, What do I need to send you and how? Original stock tune for truck? So you can enable pin 42 but can't allow for temp control? Maybe thats why Nelson Performance only uses pin 42 in this wiring harness.

thanks for the reply.
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

Yes, email me a copy of the stock file and I can activate the PIN for you.
We can set up the on/off temps inthe tune.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Midevil1
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Midevil1 »

Mike, Probably a stupid question, but the fan control will be available in all the tunes in my programmer? It won't ever be in stock, but sometimes I put it on the 87 tune when I am feeling cheap and don't want to pay for the 93.

thanks again.
1967 C10 Prostreet, 502 and a Glide,
2007 KAW ZX-14, too fast for you. 8.9 @ 153mph
2007 Yukon Denali
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

Midevil1 wrote:Mike, Probably a stupid question, but the fan control will be available in all the tunes in my programmer? It won't ever be in stock, but sometimes I put it on the 87 tune when I am feeling cheap and don't want to pay for the 93.

thanks again.
No, you will not have control over the fan settings in the Predator, as the Predator does not know you added them.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
h2bob
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:25 am

Post by h2bob »

Hello,

This question is along the lines of this post.

If you enable pin 42 in stock tune and I install it on the car, will it still work after I install the 87 tune (assuming it will as 87 tune should not modify pin 42 enable values)? Thanks.
Midevil1
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Midevil1 »

Thats what I was trying to ask Mike. The programmer will recognize electric fans on any of the tunes in the programmer. Performance,stock, and 87 tune. I think Mike misunderstood me or I didn't explain myself correctly. Mike I will attempt to email you my stock tune this evening.

thanks
1967 C10 Prostreet, 502 and a Glide,
2007 KAW ZX-14, too fast for you. 8.9 @ 153mph
2007 Yukon Denali
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Post by mikel »

The fans will only work when the tune that has been modified to activate pin 42 are installed, they will not work with the canned tunes in the Predator.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
Post Reply

Return to “Predator GM Gas”