2007 Shelby GT Air Flow Elbow

Predator support for Ford gas vehicles

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply

complete CAI

Poll ended at Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:10 pm

yes
1
17%
yes
1
17%
no
2
33%
no
2
33%
 
Total votes: 6

51derrill
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:54 pm

2007 Shelby GT Air Flow Elbow

Post by 51derrill »

My Shelby GT (Not GT 500) comes with an Air Flow Input made by Steeda. My understanding is that the stock rubber tube is very restrictive, and the vehicle is not agressively tuned. Per Steeda, I am buying their "Pro Flow Elbow" to allow more air in. I assume that this will need a new tune. Is the Steeda in the U7145 Predator? If not, what tune do I use. Bear in mind, I am not replacing the MAF, only the elbow. I understand that I will gain only a few HP, do you folks feel it is worth it? Or, would a complete CAI replacement be better? :?
longalan2
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:54 pm

RE: 2007 Shelby GT Air Flow Elbow

Post by longalan2 »

if i were you, i would go with a C&L cai. that is what i have and there was no doubt in my mind about the difference in power. it's pretty aggressive.
acascianelli
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 2:41 pm

RE: 2007 Shelby GT Air Flow Elbow

Post by acascianelli »

The tune is a bigger problem. Either get a dyno tune or contact a company like Bamachips or Brenspeed. Their tunes are much more aggressive.
2007 Mustang GT

Steeda CMCV Delete Plates
Steeda Underdrive Pulley
Bamachips Race Tune
Sequential Tail Lights
Hurst Short Shifter
Pypes O/R X-pipe
C&L Racer Intake
Post Reply

Return to “Predator Ford Gas”