Had the SC installed and partially tuned with the Predator that goes with the kit (Vortech Tune comes up vs. performance Tune in the display). So...,
06 5.3 litre Avalanche, Vortech V-2 SC
Does this tool assume high octane since there is nothing in the menu to change gasoline type?
I modified the tune the installers did by stiffening up shift pressure and speeding up upshift MPH/RPM. Running 35x13.50R 20LT Mickey Thompsons - Aspect ratio guessing 50 from the MT equivalent tire chart.
I know traction control gets disabled over a certain tire size BUT...,
Now I get stability system inactive and service 4WD DTC's and the 4WD buttons on the console don't light up - i.e. can't push a button to get into 4WD if required.
Didn't touch axle ratio and assume it's correct.
Restored stock tune and did the Vortech thing again but got the same DTC's for both.
Has my chip become confused or what? I couldn't have blown up anything 4WD related mechanically since I haven't used it lately but will need soon.
Oh yeah - tried erasing trouble codes and got "none found"
Other than that the performance seems good. Probably could use some tweaking for max output but that will wait until you impart your sage advice to solve this problem.
Vortech Supercharger Tune (06 Avalanche)
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Vortech Supercharger Tune (06 Avalanche)
When you select modify tune, go to reset parameters. Then go back in and re enter all of your tire sizes.
Either use the overall height of 35 inches, or use the tire size conversion spreadsheet available on the dowloads section of the website.
http://diablosport.com/downloads/predat ... ersion.xls
Try entering the metric size and be sure to enter the factory size when it asks you to do so.
Thanks
Either use the overall height of 35 inches, or use the tire size conversion spreadsheet available on the dowloads section of the website.
http://diablosport.com/downloads/predat ... ersion.xls
Try entering the metric size and be sure to enter the factory size when it asks you to do so.
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
Re: RE: Vortech Supercharger Tune (06 Avalanche)
Factory size? As in what's stamped on the tire or what I get when I actually measure it. Tire says 35" but I get 33.5 " doing the chalk mark to chalk mark divided by 3.1416 thing.mikel wrote:
Try entering the metric size and be sure to enter the factory size when it asks you to do so.
Thanks
The only options are tire WIDTH (mm), aspect ratio and WHEEL SIZE in inches which seems like kind of an oblique way of getting at tire height. I never get an option to enter height and entries are always in for ACTUAL size.
I had the 35's before doing the SC so the "factory" tune will be the same as far as tire size is concerned. I used 33.5" compressed tire height to generate the 50 aspect ratio in the excel sheet (otherwise it will be 56). Anyhoo, started her up and same DTC's - something else is wrong.
I think I saw a 2WD button flicker -still no console lights. Maybe its a GM issue - - kinda coincidentental though. My "Friendly GM Dealer" will hastilly point out the voidness of my warranty with the SC in there. I hope you guys can scope this out for me - Thanks.
Last edited by Gustav on Mon May 14, 2007 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Re: RE: Vortech Supercharger Tune (06 Avalanche)
Ok, I see what is going on here.
Try entering these numbers...
width=343
aspect ratio=52
wheel size=20
This is the tire size converted to metric.
Thanks
Try entering these numbers...
width=343
aspect ratio=52
wheel size=20
This is the tire size converted to metric.
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Re: RE: Vortech Supercharger Tune (06 Avalanche)
Mike, I was editing the previous message while you were posting yours. Anyway I used those numbers to no avail so hopefully there is something else to try. See previous message for details. Thanx
Also got feedback from an Avalanche site and got this:
"Get rid of the hypertech and diablo... they do not have the capability in most cases to make the needed changes for a blown application unless you send it back to the manufacturer for a tune. Trust me, you will fight that blower with a handheld. Get you a copy of HP Tuners or EFI Live.
And for what it's worth, this is not a blower issue. My gut is telling me it is torque setting related. The Diablo tech is chasing wheel sensor issues with a change in tire size."
Comments?
Also got feedback from an Avalanche site and got this:
"Get rid of the hypertech and diablo... they do not have the capability in most cases to make the needed changes for a blown application unless you send it back to the manufacturer for a tune. Trust me, you will fight that blower with a handheld. Get you a copy of HP Tuners or EFI Live.
And for what it's worth, this is not a blower issue. My gut is telling me it is torque setting related. The Diablo tech is chasing wheel sensor issues with a change in tire size."
Comments?
Re: RE: Re: RE: Vortech Supercharger Tune (06 Avalanche)
Sending this back up.
Also, Vortech sent the 7193 which is for 04-05 Avalanches and mine is an '06 which, according to this site needs a 7192. Could that be part of it??Gustav wrote:Mike, I was editing the previous message while you were posting yours. Anyway I used those numbers to no avail so hopefully there is something else to try. See previous message for details. Thanx
Also got feedback from an Avalanche site and got this:
"Get rid of the hypertech and diablo... they do not have the capability in most cases to make the needed changes for a blown application unless you send it back to the manufacturer for a tune. Trust me, you will fight that blower with a handheld. Get you a copy of HP Tuners or EFI Live.
And for what it's worth, this is not a blower issue. My gut is telling me it is torque setting related. The Diablo tech is chasing wheel sensor issues with a change in tire size."
Comments?
- mikel
- Posts: 58771
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Vortech Supercharger Tune (06 Avalanche)
When you choose reset parameters, and then go back in to adjust the tire size, does it ask for the FACTORY size first, followed by the ACTUAL size?
It should ask for both, but it sounds like you may be only entering the actual size instead of both so it can compare them and make the necessary change.
As for the statement about chasing the tune with the Predator, do these people realize that Vortech chooses to sell these tools with their kits? This person is completely unaware of how in-depth and complicated our software really is. Anything that he can tune for in HPtuners can be tuned for with our CMR software. This is a textbook case of a forum know it all trying to state facts when he does not know the first thing about our software or hardware. If we were unable to tune blower applications, why are ProCharger, Vortech, Paxton, W2W, and STS to name a few, including our tuners in their kits? Vortech has their own tuners in-house who create these tunes on the dyno and the street to ensure they work properly.
This is definitely not a blower related issue as you mentioned though, it is an issue with dialing in the wheel speed sensors as they are more sensitive in the newer trucks than they have been in the past.
Thanks
It should ask for both, but it sounds like you may be only entering the actual size instead of both so it can compare them and make the necessary change.
As for the statement about chasing the tune with the Predator, do these people realize that Vortech chooses to sell these tools with their kits? This person is completely unaware of how in-depth and complicated our software really is. Anything that he can tune for in HPtuners can be tuned for with our CMR software. This is a textbook case of a forum know it all trying to state facts when he does not know the first thing about our software or hardware. If we were unable to tune blower applications, why are ProCharger, Vortech, Paxton, W2W, and STS to name a few, including our tuners in their kits? Vortech has their own tuners in-house who create these tunes on the dyno and the street to ensure they work properly.
This is definitely not a blower related issue as you mentioned though, it is an issue with dialing in the wheel speed sensors as they are more sensitive in the newer trucks than they have been in the past.
Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Vortech Supercharger Tune (06 Avalanche)
Actually, I think I did see a factory size spot but actual was highlighted and I wound up there. So the truck came with 17" Wranglers & wheels - ferget if 17 was an option in 02. Anyhoo - I should put in wheel specs for the original tires even though it was supposedly tuned for the 35's later on? I figured the "factory tune" would now be the 35's since it was changed. Vortech says in the install instructions that the tuner was, and I quote, " made specifically for each individual vehicle with respect to factory ECM calibration and VIN". I'll fire in the 17" data and see what happens.
No offense with that feedback intended. I've been asking around for advice since I don't know what's up and get contradictory responses. Just wanted to know what your opinion of his opinion was. Thanx - I'll let you know how it goes. Also, it is refreshing to see the word definitely spelled correcty in a forum.
What's your take on this post from another Avalanche guy?
I've seen trucks/cars cause trouble after a handheld was installed. We end up reflashing the pcm back to stock so we start from a clean slate.
Doesn't the predator do that anyway? or just ECM?
No offense with that feedback intended. I've been asking around for advice since I don't know what's up and get contradictory responses. Just wanted to know what your opinion of his opinion was. Thanx - I'll let you know how it goes. Also, it is refreshing to see the word definitely spelled correcty in a forum.
What's your take on this post from another Avalanche guy?
I've seen trucks/cars cause trouble after a handheld was installed. We end up reflashing the pcm back to stock so we start from a clean slate.
Doesn't the predator do that anyway? or just ECM?