Below are part of the summary report from my recent logs. I adjusted up by 1% after the first then drove about 100 miles and ran the 2nd log.
DSLogRedux (great tool BTW!) is telling me to make another LTFT adjustment, but when I look at the data I tend to think that no more adjustment is needed. The logs were at about 75 MPH, just under 1900 RPM, in 6 gear, on the same section of flat road in the same direction.
DSLOGREDUX PREDATOR DATA SUMMARY REPORT
________________
Date of Log 02 11 09
CRUISE DATA REDUCTION RESULTS:
Average LTFT, Bank 1= -1.05742 %
Minimum LTFT, Bank 1= -2.34000 %
Maximum LTFT, Bank 1= 0.00000 %
Average LTFT, Bank 2= -2.99979 %
Minimum LTFT, Bank 2= 0.00000 %
Minimum LTFT, Bank 2= -3.13000 %
RECOMMENDATION: Adjust Inj Slope UP by 1%, Set the following adjustment on the Predator Tool: +1%
Average Throttle Position during Cruise Measurement= 37.44895 %
Standard Deviation of Throttle Position During Cruise Measurement= 0.00346 %
Number of Data Points contributing to Cruise Calculations= 10836
_____________
Date of Log 02 15 09
CRUISE DATA REDUCTION RESULTS:
Average LTFT, Bank 1= 0.78000 %
Minimum LTFT, Bank 1= 0.78000 %
Maximum LTFT, Bank 1= 0.78000 %
Average LTFT, Bank 2= -1.46707 %
Minimum LTFT, Bank 2= 0.00000 %
Minimum LTFT, Bank 2= -1.56000 %
RECOMMENDATION: Adjust Inj Slope UP by 1%, Set the following adjustment on the Predator Tool: +1%
Average Throttle Position during Cruise Measurement= 38.69858 %
Standard Deviation of Throttle Position During Cruise Measurement= 0.00362 %
Number of Data Points contributing to Cruise Calculations= 10693
Dialing-In LTFT's
-
Grumpy_Aero_Guy
- Posts: 842
- Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:29 pm
RE: Dialing-In LTFT
My response would be that you are adjusted fine. The LTFT thing is a moving target and a function of many variables.
If you are dialed in such that you get a small adjustment recommended, as you describe above, I would throw up the touchdown sign, and monitor again when the outside temps start creeping up as we get into the summer months --- assuming you live in a climate where there is a real winter, rather than FL or AZ, or somewhere like that.
That's kind of the way I approach it with my truck. You'll never get adjusted perfectly and have it stay there all the time. Too many variables.
Just my $0.02
Looks like you're good.
Now, given THAT, did you do a couple of WOT bursts to see where your PE AFRs are?
If you are dialed in such that you get a small adjustment recommended, as you describe above, I would throw up the touchdown sign, and monitor again when the outside temps start creeping up as we get into the summer months --- assuming you live in a climate where there is a real winter, rather than FL or AZ, or somewhere like that.
That's kind of the way I approach it with my truck. You'll never get adjusted perfectly and have it stay there all the time. Too many variables.
Just my $0.02
Looks like you're good.
Now, given THAT, did you do a couple of WOT bursts to see where your PE AFRs are?
Grumpy Aero Guy, 07 Sierra 5.3, Diablo Tuned, CAI
DSLogRedux.com


DSLogRedux.com

RE: Dialing-In LTFT
Thanks for the info. I think I'll leave the LTFT's alone for now. I have now done any WOT stuff yet; next time I get out to I-95, I'll make a WOT log and see how it looks.
Many thanks to you and Lew! The DSLodRedux tool is fantastic!! It helps give confidence in making adjustments.
Many thanks to you and Lew! The DSLodRedux tool is fantastic!! It helps give confidence in making adjustments.
2007 Sierra Denali
RE: Dialing-In LTFT
yeah, your numbers look good man...
and thx for the good words - glad you like it and find it useful!!

and thx for the good words - glad you like it and find it useful!!
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net