Page 2 of 2

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Descriptions of the various InTune f

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:46 pm
by alexgrind
exactly, will see what will happen hope to have some help or just searching somewhere else in the internet to see the different option consequence

thank you
Foonus wrote:In Hindsight, possibly the best way to do this would be to create a online flash version of the intune with all available settings/tunes, have the user select their vehicle from a pull down menu of supported ones, and then have it cross reference a vehicle database to see which menu items would then be displayed in the "Virtual inTune" on the site. This would show the user exactly what they are getting on a per vehicle basis and eliminate any complaints of false claims.

Here's an example someone has made a virtual Iphone... similar idea.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/499719

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Descriptions of the various InTune featu

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:25 am
by EsQueue
Thank you RTJim for this topic. I hate purchasing a product and being to search a forum for things that should be readily available. Especially for things that require 93 octane but doesn't say it any where unless I check this forum.

I understand the printed instructions being worthless but I do think that there should be an online (non forum) area that have info about specific manufacturers. I already made a post asking for these info but I received a worthless answer.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Descriptions of the various InTune featu

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:12 am
by alexgrind
hope it will not staying quiet and trying to help the situation

;)

Re: Descriptions of the various InTune Chrysler Hemi Tunes

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:36 pm
by hiers
I have a CAI and Corsa (Mopar Performance) Cat back exhaust - can I add anything to the CAI tune to gain more HP?

Re: Descriptions of the various InTune Chrysler Hemi Tunes

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2025 7:32 pm
by nickeh
RTJim wrote: Fri May 25, 2012 1:55 pm I have been surprised that the documentation with the InTune doesn't give much (if any) description of the various features and selections. So if you have some, share them! Maybe they will make it into the User Manual, or at least listed in the DS Forums.

The User's Manual doesn't even list the names of the tunes available, none-the-less a description of what the tune is suppose to do and when to select it.

I just updated my InTune to the 1r01i firmware, which includes the Chrysler tunes: mfr='DCX' tune='1r01b'. These are the descriptions when I select each tune. I added more description in italics, from this topic/posts.

Diablo Tune
PCM Diablo Tune is designed to add power and torque, but with fuel economy in mind. Fuel mileage can always be subject to driving style and may vary from vehicle to vehicle. 93 octane

CAI Tune
PCM CAI Tune Cold Air Intake tune. 93 octane

91 Octane Tune
PCM 91 Octane Tune Performance tune for 91 octane fuel.

CAI 91 Octane Tune
PCM CAI 91 Octane Tune Performance tune for 91 octane fuel and Cold Air Intakes (CAI).

MPG Booster Tune
PCM MPG Booster Tune DiabloSport Mileage Booster tune is designed for stock to mildly modified vehicles using 87-up octane fuel with an emphasis on fuel economy. must run premium on an SRT8, just like factory tune. Recommend factory octane for R/T 5.7 (89) and truck 5.7 (87), but 87 octane and no full throttle should be fine for highway trips.

Modify Stock Tune
PCM Modify Stock Tune Modify Stock Tune allows you to change parameters, such as speed limit, without adding power or torque. factory 89 for auto R/T 5.7, factory 91 for 6-speed R/T, 91-93 for SRT, Assume same as factory octane recommendation, unless you modify it!

------------------ Other InTune Features ---------------------------
-MDS. Allows turning MultiDisplacement System off, or leaving factory functionality
-Shift Firmness. Allows selecting firmer automatic trans shifts (less torque management).
-Select tire size. Change tire size for speedometer accuracy. Either by tire diameter, or sidewall size such as P245/45 R20
-Autostick auto upshift: Stock, Mode 1, Mode 2 (may only work on 05-07 models)
Enable/Disable automatic upshift when in manual autostick mode, ie. raise your rev limits and you can shift manually at any rpm without the vehicle automatically upshifting (as it would do stock). Stock should shift at some rpm (rev limit, or shift point?), Mode 1 or Mode 2 (depends on year) will hold it in gear and the engine will bounce off the rev limiter. i.e. suitable for burnouts if you don’t want it to shift no matter what.
The tech rep on the support phone line told me I should try each mode and see which works.
yeah after much searching i find it is pretty much a joke can't get a straight answer anywhere and the search function is as about as big as a joke.