Page 3 of 3

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:11 pm
by 06MonteSS
exactly!

if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:48 pm
by gump2388
now u tell me after i bricked my truck. good thing i wasnt waiting on diablo to fix it. id still be down lol. u heard anything on a release date for the y motors yet.

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:34 pm
by 06MonteSS
nope... probably on the same release schedule as my friggin TCM Support!!!

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:16 am
by MAXstealthtt
OK finally got my truck back. Took it to my local chevy stealer told them I didn't know what was wrong, the engine wouldn't turn over. They charged me 3 hrs labor @ $ 80 per to tell me I must have a pinched wire from an accident I had last year and I needed to take it to A body shop. They claimed I still had lots of other damage that turned out false also. Whatever the stealer did when they had my truck killed my battery so when I picked it up it was frozen. (junk) $100 bucks to replace. So now I bring it to my local GMC stealer and tell them the truth they say no problem and take me right in. when they hooked up to my truck they couldn't do anything they couldn't find the computer just like my predator and that I needed a new one. $590 installed So here I am 1 month and $1000 dollars later back on the road. I paid the core charge and kept the ecm so I want send to diablo so you can repair it like you said you would. Also am I still locked to my old ecm? :(

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:17 am
by 06MonteSS
yes, your predator will still be locked to the old/original ecm... better send that back to diablo along with your ecm to get IT unlocked too... you'll need to send a copy of the paperwork showing that your ecm was replaced by the dealer... then they'll do the unlock for ya for free...

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:00 am
by mikel
MAXstealthtt wrote:OK finally got my truck back. Took it to my local chevy stealer told them I didn't know what was wrong, the engine wouldn't turn over. They charged me 3 hrs labor @ $ 80 per to tell me I must have a pinched wire from an accident I had last year and I needed to take it to A body shop. They claimed I still had lots of other damage that turned out false also. Whatever the stealer did when they had my truck killed my battery so when I picked it up it was frozen. (junk) $100 bucks to replace. So now I bring it to my local GMC stealer and tell them the truth they say no problem and take me right in. when they hooked up to my truck they couldn't do anything they couldn't find the computer just like my predator and that I needed a new one. $590 installed So here I am 1 month and $1000 dollars later back on the road. I paid the core charge and kept the ecm so I want send to diablo so you can repair it like you said you would. Also am I still locked to my old ecm? :(
tool can be taken care of over the phone.
Please fill out an rma request and send the PCM back so we can reflash it for you. (dont mention in the rma form that it has already been replaced)

Thanks
Mike

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
by MAXstealthtt
Hey mike it wont let me submit without a credit card

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:21 pm
by mikel
Thats for shipping....

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:19 pm
by MAXstealthtt
Hey mike it's been a week and still no response on my rma I assume I need one before I ship my ecm ? :blowup:

Skeered to update

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:35 pm
by Bubbatex0
U7194
9r04
2008 Silvarado 4x4 5.3 VIN-2GECEK13M8811255

Well I was running 9r04 and saw the new update 9r05a so I put back the factory tune and downloaded 9r05a to upgrade. Then I spotted this thread. Am I right to assume the 9r05a will work ok with my engine? Is it just the 6.0 liters that are having the issues? Still running the stock tune till I get confirmation.

Thanks,
Bubbatex0

RE: Skeered to update

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:47 pm
by mikel
If you engine has been removed it will tell you it is not in the database.