Page 1 of 2
Dumb EGR question...
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:59 am
by IEATWS-6
Is there any way to turn off the EGR with my Trinity? I have an EGR plate installed, just tired of looking at the light and clearing the code. Also, is it common to not have a EGT over 550 degrees. haven't done any heaving towing yet, just making sure that didn't sound like maybe there was an issue with the sensor.
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:49 am
by mikel
550 is kinda low, what tune are you running/
We dont offer any EGR delete tunes, due to EPA regulations....have you looked into the finger stick?
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:55 pm
by IEATWS-6
I am running the 85hp tune. I was thinking they were a little low. I first questioned if I had made an error in setting the parameters when I set up the EGT sensor, but I did it again as it was explained in the manual.
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:11 pm
by mikel
using our EGT kit?
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:38 pm
by IEATWS-6
I wouldn't use anything else!
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:11 am
by mikel
K...lemme check on something.
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:12 am
by mikel
try rescaling a new EGT gauge and se 0-1500* for the range.
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:50 am
by IEATWS-6
I will do that, thanks.
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:24 pm
by IEATWS-6
I did re scale it to 0-1500, but now it only runs 290-320* down the highway at 75mph. Is it possible to gave the thermocoupler installed too close to the turbo?
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:02 pm
by mikel
No, too close should not be a problem.
Lemme look into this.
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:32 am
by IEATWS-6
Maybe while uncovering the answer to this issue, you can find out why it falls on it's face at WOT
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:10 am
by mikel
That should not happen, never heard of that.....got a dirty fuel filter?
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:13 am
by IEATWS-6
I will know today when I change it. I have only had it for a month. Dealer said it was just changed, but you know how that goes! I wanted to replace it with MY brand anyway.
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:15 am
by IEATWS-6
The thing runs like a stripped-ass ape at 1/4 - 1/2 throttle, but on the floor, feels like an old four-barrel that would die out when you would mash it, then slowly take off.
RE: Dumb EGR question...
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:23 am
by mikel
yeah, that points to a fuel fiilter for sure.