The Holy Grail of A\F meters
Moderator: mikel
The Holy Grail of A\F meters
So my trinity looks pretty silly sitting there with an empty gauge pod above it and the analog cable already made.
I just can not decide which AF gauge to get, I'm stuck on the AEM 30-4100 but It's only $200, will I be missing some key feature or readout, or is it slower than say the $400 innovative. I don;t mind spending the $$, I just wan to make sure I don't regret a purchase.
So considering we already know I have a Trinity (with analog cable) in a 2005 Chrysler 300C, tons of bolt ons, but motor has not (yet) been unzipped, nor have I hooked the zex system up. What gauge should I get for the long haul considering I will be using it on my own will the Trinity\TTDyno and at the CMR tuner.
Thank you for any advise.
-Joe
I just can not decide which AF gauge to get, I'm stuck on the AEM 30-4100 but It's only $200, will I be missing some key feature or readout, or is it slower than say the $400 innovative. I don;t mind spending the $$, I just wan to make sure I don't regret a purchase.
So considering we already know I have a Trinity (with analog cable) in a 2005 Chrysler 300C, tons of bolt ons, but motor has not (yet) been unzipped, nor have I hooked the zex system up. What gauge should I get for the long haul considering I will be using it on my own will the Trinity\TTDyno and at the CMR tuner.
Thank you for any advise.
-Joe
RE: The Holy Grail of A\F meters
I have the AEM. Its fine for normal use. You don't need to be dropping twice the price for the overpriced Innovate.
RE: The Holy Grail of A\F meters
Get a decent wide band
An Innovate Lc-1 is only $199 by itself. With the Trinity, you don't need a gauge. Just run the LC-1 straight to the Trinity
An Innovate Lc-1 is only $199 by itself. With the Trinity, you don't need a gauge. Just run the LC-1 straight to the Trinity
RE: The Holy Grail of A\F meters
I would get the Innovate or Zeitronix. I love the Zeitronix and use both the EGT probe and user input for fuel pressure. If DS would just enable the serial inputs... 
The apostrophe does not mean "Look out, here comes an S"!
"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
- NEokcTERROR
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:21 pm
- Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Contact:
RE: The Holy Grail of A\F meters
I take it you own the Zeitronix personally? I have been looking at them and like what I see. I have been thinking about doing the buy in.
APS Automotive
7725 NE 23rd Street
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73141
405-424-RACE
If it's broke we can fix it. If someone else messed it up we can straighten it out.
7725 NE 23rd Street
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73141
405-424-RACE
If it's broke we can fix it. If someone else messed it up we can straighten it out.
RE: The Holy Grail of A\F meters
Yes, I have one. The new 2010 model is even better as it has an additional user input and some other cool features. Plus, you won't need to buy the LCD or gauge when the serial inputs are enabled in the Trinity.
RE: The Holy Grail of A\F meters
Don't believe that test. Their method was flawed in both execution and setup.
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/show ... ost1225791
http://tricktuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55
http://forums.evolutionm.net/general-en ... otout.html
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/show ... ost1225791
http://tricktuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55
http://forums.evolutionm.net/general-en ... otout.html
RE: The Holy Grail of A\F meters
When I had my DSP, I had an Innovate LC1 with a OT1 and sold it because I couldnt get the OT1 to work right with my PCM. I wanted my AFR to be a part of ONE log. I sold the Innovate gear and bought a Zeitronix ZT2 and hated it. I later sold it and my DSP and bought a Trinity and another Innovate LC1 and am currently logging with it.
2004 DR QC, 5.7, CAI, 6.1 rods/springs, KRC 210 cam, Pacesetter LTs, x-pipe- no cats, dual DMH cutouts, 6.1 ignition conversion, Auburn LSD w/456 gears, e-fan, powerwire, Sonnax line boost, Trinity CMR 93 tuned, Innovate LC-1
RE: The Holy Grail of A\F meters
You're the first person I've ever seen with a negative thought towards the ZT-2. What didn't you like?
The apostrophe does not mean "Look out, here comes an S"!
"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
"I couldn't care less" means it is impossible to care less - "I could care less" just makes you look stupid.
RE: The Holy Grail of A\F meters
Nothing bad about it. I just liked the way the LC-1 logged and played back better. It is cheaper than the ZT-2 and for me. I didnt need the EGT options.
2004 DR QC, 5.7, CAI, 6.1 rods/springs, KRC 210 cam, Pacesetter LTs, x-pipe- no cats, dual DMH cutouts, 6.1 ignition conversion, Auburn LSD w/456 gears, e-fan, powerwire, Sonnax line boost, Trinity CMR 93 tuned, Innovate LC-1
Re: RE: The Holy Grail of A\F meters
Logging is what got me hooked on Innovate's gearWeedahoe wrote: I just liked the way the LC-1 logged and played back better.