Page 1 of 1
Need help tuning my truck.
Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:48 pm
by bburesh
I purchased a new Diablo Predator U7198 for my 02 Chevrolet Silverado ext cab z71. an have a performance tune set but would like to change some of the parameters to wake it up some more. 2nd gear wont go for anything.
I have a
-Spectre CAI
-Street Performance Throttle Body Spacer
Thanks, Brian.
RE: Need help tuning my truck.
Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:54 pm
by gregs
so whats the question?
RE: Need help tuning my truck.
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:10 am
by bburesh
Like what should I change shift points at? An if there is anythin I can change so 2nd gear won't be a dead zone...
RE: Need help tuning my truck.
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:13 am
by 06MonteSS
for starters, do some data logging to see where your average fuel trims are at, and adjust the fueling accordingly...
http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=P ... opic&t=917
RE: Need help tuning my truck.
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:20 am
by bburesh
Alright I'll do that an let ya know where I get with it.
RE: Need help tuning my truck.
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:43 pm
by gregs
you could raise your rev limiter and change the 1>2 shift to 6000 rpm, that will help 2nd gear get into the power band faster. But do like mike says and get the fuel trims corrected first. Are you running the 87 octane or the diablo tune?
RE: Need help tuning my truck.
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:48 pm
by 06MonteSS
or, you could do what I (Lew) said, which was to log your fuel trims... since Mike hasn't posted in this thread at all...

RE: Need help tuning my truck.
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:26 pm
by bburesh
I am running the diablo tune i had it on 87 octane but changed it bout a month ago. but ill get those fuel trims correct then ill look at messin with shifts.
RE: Need help tuning my truck.
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:27 pm
by bburesh
i took it ff 87 because all i put in my truck now is 93 octane
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:01 am
by gregs

oops i meant Monte not Mike
