Mafia pegs out at 5500 rpm on setting 3

MAF.i.a Support

Moderator: mikel

Post Reply
joyridegm
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:48 pm

Mafia pegs out at 5500 rpm on setting 3

Post by joyridegm »

I have a F7373 Mafia installed on my procharged p1sc 10psi 97' cobra with the 90mm Lightning meter and my original tuner set up my sct tune with the mafia on setting 3. I was dynoing it recently and noticed it is hitting 1023 maf ad counts or 5.0v at 5500 rpm. I am using SCT advantage 3.0 pro-racer software and an x-cal 2 to do the tuning along with help from an experienced tuner that is an sct dealer. We would like to retune it on setting 2 because setting 3 is probably a little overkill but we do not know why it is pegging out at 5500 rpm on setting 3. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
User avatar
kmac1
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:43 pm

Re: Mafia pegs out at 5500 rpm on setting 3

Post by kmac1 »

joyridegm wrote:I have a F7373 Mafia installed on my procharged p1sc 10psi 97' cobra with the 90mm Lightning meter and my original tuner set up my sct tune with the mafia on setting 3. I was dynoing it recently and noticed it is hitting 1023 maf ad counts or 5.0v at 5500 rpm. I am using SCT advantage 3.0 pro-racer software and an x-cal 2 to do the tuning along with help from an experienced tuner that is an sct dealer. We would like to retune it on setting 2 because setting 3 is probably a little overkill but we do not know why it is pegging out at 5500 rpm on setting 3. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
joyridegm, I am guessing you are in the neighbourhood of 450-500rwhp which should only need the mafia on setting 2. A 90mm Lightning meter is usually good for 425rwhp at 5 volts and 550+ on mafia setting 2. The problem lies in your meter placement. Your meter is not seeing a laminar flow and most of the air is passing over the element causing it to peg prematurely. This is likely due to a 90 degree bend in the piping right before the meter. The only choices you have to fix this issue is to move the meter so you have as much straight pipe in front of it as possible or you can try rotating it in its current location. More than likely you'll need to move it. Sometimes a better option is to use an 80mm Lightning meter as they can deliver a much more stable signal in a blow thru application.

Hope this helps!

Kevin@DiabloSport
Post Reply

Return to “MAF.i.a”