Page 1 of 2
DSLogRedux HELP
Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:01 pm
by XxScottxXN
When I try to select a log file, only two show up and they were modified in 2009. I have looked for other files that I thought were saved and the ones that I thought were mine...it keeps telling me..."unhandled exception has occurred in your application...bla bla bla....
Argument "Length" must be greater or equal to zero
I'm not even sure if it's my log??
Could I please get some help??
I'm a computer dummy who saw a computer for the first time....only a little over a year ago!!
Scott
RE: DSLogRedux HELP
Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:50 am
by 06MonteSS
please post up the data log files that you're having the problem with and I'll take a look at them...
this is not a diablosport issue, since dslogredux is a 3rd-party program, created by myself and GrumpyAeroGuy - two diablosport tuner users like yourself
so if you post up the log files that you are having problems with, I'll take a look at them and will be able to tell you what you did wrong...

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:45 pm
by XxScottxXN
I hope that I sent this right?
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:22 am
by 06MonteSS
I get the same error... it's because your log file got saved wierd... if you look at the csv file, you'll see that it has blank rows between every data row... that's the problem...
what's your vehicle, what programmer are you using, what revision is it on???
also, post up the original .log file and I'll see if that happens when I save it as a .csv file...
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:49 am
by Grumpy_Aero_Guy
yeah, something strange is going on ref the .log --> .csv conversion, probably from within Dataviewer...
Please post up what lew is asking for. You didn't run this file thru OpenOffice prior to trying to reduce it, did you?
DSLogRedux expects a .csv file, NOT a .txt file. Hard to say until we get the original log file.
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:06 am
by XxScottxXN
I don't know how to post the original or what file I ran this thru?? I'm really not good with a computer. I'm trying to figure it out because I need to learn but this kind of thing sure does make a guy wanna throw in the towell!! What programs need to be in my computer for all of this to work right. I have windows 7, the dataviewer, dslogredux, and dsdownloader. And I have an 06 Monte, no mods, U7191 predator, v.9r03...... And have no clue how to work them. This sounds funny....even to me.

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:13 am
by XxScottxXN
Sorry if I'm wasting anyones time!! If I'm a lost cause.....you can just tell me...and I'll quit bothering you..ok?

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:25 am
by 06MonteSS
post the .log file... use the dataviewer to get the data log out of the predator... then from the dataviewer, do a Save and save it as the .log file... then post up that .log file here, like you did before with the csv file...
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:14 pm
by XxScottxXN
HOPE THIS WORKED!!
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:21 pm
by XxScottxXN
Another question when I log the data.
In the list on my predator it shows
absolute throttle position
absolute throttle position B
commanded throttle position
which of those 3 choices should I be logging?? I have tried all at some point and still can't get logredux to work. I can get as far as the redux giving me a list of parameters but it won't analize the data for me??
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:54 am
by 06MonteSS
you need to log these:
air fuel ratio (Equivalence Ratio)
commanded throttle position
engine speed (RPM)
intake air temp
long term fuel trim bank 1
MAF Sensor Mass Airflow
MAF Sensor Frequency
spark advance
total knock spark retard
read the tutorial about how to do a data log correctly:
http://diablosport.com/index.php?name=P ... opic&t=917
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:11 pm
by smokestack
Just slow down and take your time.

For the PIDS to work... Hence what you see on the scanner as to what you log just look at the handheld a when you do a log all. See what shows data for your vehicle. Then you can log what needs to be logged. I know for me i had like 2 colums for each PID and nothing would work right until i looked to see what acctually threw data out. Takes a little time. But well worth it....
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:35 pm
by XxScottxXN
Did my original log file tell you anything...Mr. 06MonteSS
I logged everything correct and have read that tutorial about 10 times and yep....I'm STILL stupid about it!!

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:05 pm
by Ill_Born_SS
See if you can get a new log... logging the parameters that 06MonteSS recommended. The first log you sent (.csv) has a almost double MAF reading at 1800 rpm as it should and the second (.log ) file is corrupt and can`t even be opened.
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:22 pm
by XxScottxXN
I have tried about 5 logs so far and get the same results. The second log is my original that he asked for!! Should I send my predator back and see if it's faulty or would it be in my new computer.....or maybe I dont have the right programs installed??? I'm lost as to my next move!!!