Servers
Moderator: mikel
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Servers
server was never down.
sounds more like you had the wrong com port selected on DSDL?
once you download the .crom file, there is no more 'server' in play fior a Pred update
sounds more like you had the wrong com port selected on DSDL?
once you download the .crom file, there is no more 'server' in play fior a Pred update
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Servers
Thats not what I was told on the phone on friday afternoon. I was told that the servers were down which is why my predator would not update. If thats not true, then I now have a brick on my hands, because I constantly get the "transmission fail" "download failed" everytime I try to update it, and the tuner says "file missing or corrupt". I have downloaded the new crom file 3 times, uninstalled and reinstalled the dsdownloader software 3 times and continue to get these error messages. I have verified the com port and speed every time before I push the "update tuner" button. Dont know what else to do. I am really kind of upset about what I was told by tech support over the phone on Friday.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Servers
ok, seems like there was some miscommunication here.
If you can download the file from our website (the update) then thats all the internet is used for.
The cal update server was down, which would not allow you to do a calibration update on a dcx vehicle, but it had nothing to do with the predator updating.
your issue is either a corrupt file or more likey an issue with the usb to serial cable drive not being installed properly.
does the device manager recognize the cable?
If you can download the file from our website (the update) then thats all the internet is used for.
The cal update server was down, which would not allow you to do a calibration update on a dcx vehicle, but it had nothing to do with the predator updating.
your issue is either a corrupt file or more likey an issue with the usb to serial cable drive not being installed properly.
does the device manager recognize the cable?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Servers
Yep, device manager sees it, I set the baud rate, I currently is on COM 4. DSDL sees it on COM 4. It will start the update process, get anywhere from 5% to 75% through the upload to the tuner, when it locks up and gives me the "transmission fail" "download failed" error.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Servers
what tool is this?
most tools should be using auto connect, no need to manually set Baud rates or com ports.
most tools should be using auto connect, no need to manually set Baud rates or com ports.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Servers
U7130, and now that it says 'file missing or corrupt' dont I have to do it manually? It had an old x8xx crom on it. I had used to tune my truck, then returned the truck to stock so I could update it. Now I am having all the issues.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Servers
yes, it will need to be done manually now, but all you have to set is the com port, use 115200 for baud rate.
redownload the crom file from a landline to make sure it is not corrupt, and then resend it in legacy.
if it fails right away, it is more likely a cable issue than anything else.
Feel free to call us with it all hooked up to the PC, we walk people through this all day
redownload the crom file from a landline to make sure it is not corrupt, and then resend it in legacy.
if it fails right away, it is more likely a cable issue than anything else.
Feel free to call us with it all hooked up to the PC, we walk people through this all day
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
RE: Servers
I'll try the legacy setting and see if that fixes it. I have not been using that setting when trying to update. Could that be the problem I'm having?
RE: Servers
Still have all the same issues. None of the proposed fixes have helped at all. I will try and call around 1 this afternoon. I think maybe the cord is no good. The only thing new I ran into last night was that the prolific drivers .110 will not load. I have to use some old "all in one" prolific drivers as they are the only ones that will load properly.
RE: Servers
Turns out it was a bad cable all along. Stopped on my way home from work and picked up a gigaware cable. Worked like a champ.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Servers
sweet.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]