sending and recieving tunes through email?

Post any issues or questions regarding the inTune auto updater application, or any PC related issues here.
Post Reply
eddiefcortes
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:01 pm

sending and recieving tunes through email?

Post by eddiefcortes »

I have a Diablo Intune, I would like to purchase a tune from a dealer, they say I need to send them my original tune and they send one back to me.
How do I do this? can you Explain to me the steps from A to Z?
Also im told I have to do this with some sort of software? where do I get this software to download?
Thank you very much for your help
Eddie :(
User avatar
06MonteSS
Posts: 18097
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:33 am
Contact:

RE: sending and recieving tunes through email?

Post by 06MonteSS »

with the inTune, you just connect it to your PC... it shows up in Windows Explorer as a usb drive... you go into the intune drive, and there's a Tunes folder in there... go into that Tunes folder, and there are copies of your two tune files in there.. the original backup file and the last tune written file... you copy those two files to your harddrive... then you attach them to an email and send them to the person...

when they send you a tune file back, you connect the intune to your pc again.. save the custom tune file from your email to your harddrive on your pc... and then you copy and paste it into the Tunes folder on the intune, and then the intune will import the tune into itself...

you have to do all this, as I replied to your email... because custom tunes have to be made from copies of the tune files from your vehicle, because they are tied to your vehicles VIN number and engine calibration ID's... you have to be able to use/access a computer ...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
Image
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Post Reply

Return to “Auto Updater/PC related issues”