Page 1 of 2

09 ram and PC problems

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:09 pm
by pmc530
So first off, I ordered what I thought was a predator and this thing came and I got a little worried. After looking into it, the intune replaces it I guess. Now just bought myself a new 09 ram and put an exhaust on it knowing I was getting this thing and could turn the mds off. So I get it and I hook it up to the diagnostic port and it tells me cant read pcm.... over and over again. So im like "ok, I probably need to update it" Go to update it and it says "failed to load disk driver" Great! When I click on the CD drive, it says file is corrupt and needs to be formated. Im sure ill hear from you on monday and hope there are some fixes.

RE: 09 ram and PC problems

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:40 am
by mikel
open the diablosport drive, and right click on the intune.exe file and click 'run as administrator', that will load the drivers and allow you to update.

Thanks

RE: 09 ram and PC problems

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:56 pm
by pmc530
There is only an intune drive and then the CD drive that won't open because it says file is corrupt. I spent quite a bit of time looking and there is no file named diablosport or intune.exe

RE: 09 ram and PC problems

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:57 pm
by mikel
give us a call, we'll figure it out :)

RE: 09 ram and PC problems

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:14 pm
by pmc530
so how long is the wait time usually? Been on hold for a half hour now and what happens at 6:30 when tech support closes? I generally dont get home until about 5-5:30 on most week days.

RE: 09 ram and PC problems

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:22 am
by mikel
wait times vary, it can be 10 seconds or 10 minutes, its hard to predict...

RE: 09 ram and PC problems

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:09 pm
by pmc530
So talked to tech support...

1, I talked to frank I believe and informed me that the intune will not work for the 09 ram until the update is released and will email it to me when it is... thats fine but any time estimation on this update?

2, I informed him that my intune was not being read by my PC. He then asked me to do what you did with the "my comp" then open diablosport file. Well that file does not exist and when I read to him what was in my intune file he realized it wasnt right then informed me that he was emailing me over a file to drag into my intune file. About an hour ago and satill no email. If there was a delay then no problem just wanted to make sure it wasnt sent to the wrong email or anything like that. My spam folder is empty as well.

RE: 09 ram and PC problems

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:32 pm
by mikel
do you know what he was going to email you?

RE: 09 ram and PC problems

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:50 pm
by pmc530
No, all I know is that when I read him the files I had on my intune which was tunes, files and info, he said "ok, im going to email you a file and what you're going to do is drag and drop into your intunes file" Thats all he said and then hung up with me.

RE: 09 ram and PC problems

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:05 pm
by pmc530
So just got the PC problems squared away and I was running an old version. Got it all updated and went to tune the truck.... same thing, cant read original PCM. Guy says its being worked on but cannot find reason for it as they cannot reproduce the problem. Doesnt sound like there is any kind of fix coming soon. Which is ok, crap happens, but I jjust want to know if I should return the intune and get something else. I mean were there any of these problems with the predator? Is it a problem witht the ram or is this just some kind of glitch that is going on between the intune and the ram that will get fixed soon?

RE: 09 ram and PC problems

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:09 pm
by mikel
I am hoping to have something for you 09 Ram guys to try in the next day or two.

RE: 09 ram and PC problems

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:24 pm
by pmc530
Ok, ill sit back, keep us posted.

Re: RE: 09 ram and PC problems

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:04 am
by mikel
pmc530 wrote:Ok, ill sit back, keep us posted.
I sent you an email...let me know.

RE: Re: RE: 09 ram and PC problems

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:33 pm
by pmc530
So far so good Mike! I got the original PCM saved and the diablo tune loaded on. So I went to the gas station to fill up with some 93 and noticed that my gear was stuck in 4. I couldnt move it up or down manually and also the trac control light was lit? So I filled up and everything was back to normal. I was kind of afraid that it returned to stock tune sowhen I got home I plugged the intune back in and re-downloaded the diablo tune, turned it on and same thing, stuck in 4 and TC light was lit. Turned it off then right back on and was back to normal. Any thoughts or am I good?

RE: Re: RE: 09 ram and PC problems

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:25 am
by mikel
Awesome, thank god.

Thank you for your patience, we'll try to get this out to everyone asap!
Not 100% sure about the 4th gear thing, maybe add an extra ket cycle at the end of the flash before you start it up to make it go away for now.

Thanks