Page 1 of 1

2006 Ram 2500 - Update to 1R09 problem

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:32 pm
by joelf223
Part Number: u7131
Version: v.1r09
2006 Dodge ram 2500, 5.9L Cummins Diesel

So I installed 1R09 today, when I hooked the tool back up to the truck and tried to load the tune I got an error "this tool is not licensed for use in this vehicle"
When I look through the tool menus, there is no VIN saved anywhere. Any ideas how I can get the tool working again?

Thanks

RE: 2006 Ram 2500 - Update to 1R09 problem

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:12 am
by MR.T
Did you restore the original tune before updating?

RE: 2006 Ram 2500 - Update to 1R09 problem

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:12 am
by mikel
did you select the correct vehicle after the update?

RE: 2006 Ram 2500 - Update to 1R09 problem

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:04 am
by joelf223
Yes, I restored the original tune before the update.

I don't remember if I selected the correct vehicle after the update. If the option was presented to me, it's not that hard, but I guess I could have messed it up. Is there a good way to check?

RE: 2006 Ram 2500 - Update to 1R09 problem

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:18 am
by mikel
just redo it, options/change vehicle type.

RE: 2006 Ram 2500 - Update to 1R09 problem

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:54 am
by joelf223
Well that seems easy enough, I'll try it when I get home.

Thanks

RE: 2006 Ram 2500 - Update to 1R09 problem

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:48 pm
by joelf223
So, I changed the vehicle type and tried again, same error. Any other suggestions?

RE: 2006 Ram 2500 - Update to 1R09 problem

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:09 pm
by joelf223
The trinity is still out of commision, any other suggestions??