Went to dyno shop yesterday
-
kevoscamaro
- Posts: 267
- Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:48 pm
Went to dyno shop yesterday
B4 I had headers installed I was running -3% lean now after dyno and new tune it says I'm running +10% rich. Does this sound right?
Here's vid of dyno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bys6UHjv ... ata_player
Here's vid of dyno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bys6UHjv ... ata_player
-
kevoscamaro
- Posts: 267
- Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:48 pm
RE: Went to dyno shop yesterday
From wat I gathered. They stick Wideband o2 in tailpipe to get a/f and tachometer to adjust timing. After readings of run come up on computer then they adjust predator. I think it's to rich I dunno. I know my exhaust kept spittn Wideband o2 out.
- mikel
- Posts: 58778
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
- Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
- Contact:
RE: Went to dyno shop yesterday
they tuned it with the predator, not with CMR?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
[email protected]
-
kevoscamaro
- Posts: 267
- Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:48 pm
RE: Went to dyno shop yesterday
Right. I guess they log data off run. Take info from that and adjust predator. They didn't hook anything up to truck besides tach, Wideband o2 and predator.
-
kevoscamaro
- Posts: 267
- Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:48 pm
RE: Went to dyno shop yesterday
Any suggestion/info? Can I figure out a/f with real time data option? I remember reading about lfts or somethin or another.
-
kevoscamaro
- Posts: 267
- Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:48 pm
RE: Went to dyno shop yesterday
Cmon now I know you guys are smarter then me. Help me out here.
RE: Went to dyno shop yesterday
gettin ripped man if they're only tuning with the predator haha... need to find a good shop, that uses the CMR software in order to get a proper, correct tune....
dyno tuning with just the predator is hokey man....
dyno tuning with just the predator is hokey man....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
-
kevoscamaro
- Posts: 267
- Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:48 pm
RE: Went to dyno shop yesterday
Don't get me wrong I was really impressed the first time they did tune on predator. I could tell big diff. That was also diff guy tuning 2. And most of all it's cheap. I got 2hrs on dyno time and use of tuner guy for $100. Can't get cmr cause predator too old right?
RE: Went to dyno shop yesterday
can still get a custom tune done by someone with CMR software, sure... it's just an old tune file format, uses old tune templates in the CMR software... and the process of importing/exporting the tune files is more cumbersome than the new version tools, but it can still be done.....
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
-
kevoscamaro
- Posts: 267
- Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:48 pm
RE: Went to dyno shop yesterday
Ok well the dyno shop I went to I found off you cmr locator. They tell me every time I say somethin about diablo that I need a custom hp tune. I've asked for custom diablo tune and what I explained earlier is what they gave me for custom diablo tune. I wish we were better friends cause I know you guys are fukn smart when it comes to this shit. I bet even with my old predator you guys could still hook it up. I don't want hp bullshit cause you can't see data driving, can't check error codes , and can't modify tune on the fly. I don't care how good it is. It is useless if a error code pops up. You'd have to take it back to shop that installed tune to find out what error code. Then they probably charge you just to hook and look. There are 10-15 diff platforms you can tune on but I'd say diablo is the most user friendly.
-
kevoscamaro
- Posts: 267
- Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:48 pm
RE: Went to dyno shop yesterday
I mean I can read stuff like this 20 times and still have no fukn clue.
That's y I need your guys help.
LS1/LS2/LS3/LS4/LS7 etc. - LOGGING, ADJUSTING INJECTOR SLOPE
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31Â Â Next
That's y I need your guys help.
LS1/LS2/LS3/LS4/LS7 etc. - LOGGING, ADJUSTING INJECTOR SLOPE
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31Â Â Next
- smokestack
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:12 am
Re: RE: Went to dyno shop yesterday
Not sure what you mean by HP tune. If you mean the software you can datalog and do anything you want. Just like if you want lew to tune it from your predator you can send him logs and he can hook you up. I have done dyno tunes. Sure you might get to see the HP they add but i have gotten alot better driveability from a data log tune. Just like lew can do for you...kevoscamaro wrote:Ok well the dyno shop I went to I found off you cmr locator. They tell me every time I say somethin about diablo that I need a custom hp tune. I've asked for custom diablo tune and what I explained earlier is what they gave me for custom diablo tune. I wish we were better friends cause I know you guys are fukn smart when it comes to this shit. I bet even with my old predator you guys could still hook it up. I don't want hp bullshit cause you can't see data driving, can't check error codes , and can't modify tune on the fly. I don't care how good it is. It is useless if a error code pops up. You'd have to take it back to shop that installed tune to find out what error code. Then they probably charge you just to hook and look. There are 10-15 diff platforms you can tune on but I'd say diablo is the most user friendly.
RE: Re: RE: Went to dyno shop yesterday
he's talking about a tune done with hp-tuners software...
I'm not touching those old predator tune files he has unless he gets that old predator updated to the new version, or gets an intune/trinity...
I'm not touching those old predator tune files he has unless he gets that old predator updated to the new version, or gets an intune/trinity...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net