Thanks Diablosport for leaving me with an unusable device.

Post questions or any issues with your inTune here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Satch606
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Thanks Diablosport for leaving me with an unusable device.

Post by Satch606 »

I had purchased an Intune 1000 awhile back for my Chevrolet Trailblazer SS. Had custom tunes done and the device worked as intended. Unfortunely, the vehicle was totaled when it was hit by someone running from the police.
I had contacted Diablosport and after emailing a copy of the accident report, they were nice enough to reset the device for me.
But then I was told that the device would not work with my new vehicle which is a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 hemi, I need a DCX device which is exactly the same but with different firmware..
I asked them if I could send it in to get reprogrammed or swap it out for the proper Intune I-1000 DCX, even willing to put in some money for their time, They said Absolutely Not! You can sell yours and buy another one.

Well thank you very much guys!
That is an awesome way to support your customers. I am now left with a device that is of no use to me. One that I paid $500 for.

:normal: :blowup:
User avatar
mikel
Posts: 58778
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:17 pm
Location: DiabloSport World Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Thanks Diablosport for leaving me with an unusable devic

Post by mikel »

The I-1000 is an amazing tool, and the only tuner of its kind that works on such an amazing number of vehicles in one unit:
http://www.diablosport.com/support/intu ... chart.html

Unfortunately, the new vehicle you have is heavily encrypted by Chrysler in a direct effort to keep you from being able to tune your PCM.
We were the first, and for years, only ones who even bothered to spend the time (2+ years) to figure out how to get into these PCMs to allow tuning. An unfortunate side effect was the fact that the new methods required to get into these highly encrypted PCMs meant we needed to make a different intune part number to support them, based on how the databases are set up.

inTunes retail for $389, I'm sure you can recoup a good portion of that cost by selling it to anyone who needs one than put that toward the I-1000-DCX or Trinity to tune your 2012 model if you desire.

Thankks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
User avatar
Satch606
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: Thanks Diablosport for leaving me with an unusable devic

Post by Satch606 »

mikel wrote:The I-1000 is an amazing tool, and the only tuner if its kind that works on such an amazing number of vehicles in one unit:
http://www.diablosport.com/support/intu ... chart.html

Unfortunately, the new vehicle you have is heavily encrypted by Chrysler in a direct effort to keep you from being able to tune your PCM.
We were the first, and for years, only ones who even bothered to spend the time (2+ years) to figure out how to get into these PCMs to allow tuning. An unfortunate side effect was the fact that the new methods required to get into these highly encrypted PCMs meant we needed to make a different intune part number to support them, based on how the databases are set up.

inTunes retail for $389, I'm sure you can recoup a good portion of that cost by selling it to anyone who needs one than put that toward the I-1000-DCX or Trinity to tune your 2012 model if you desire.

Thankks
You know what Mike, I am perfectly aware of the devices capabilities and the work that has gone into producing them. The situation is that I kind of expected you guys to value your customers more than to basically tell me to go scratch and give us more money. I paid a handsome amount of money for this tool and all I was looking for was some help, but no. Instead I feel like I was treated like someone who was looking for something for nothing and that's totally wrong.
BlackZ71Silverado
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Thanks Diablosport for leaving me with an unusable devic

Post by BlackZ71Silverado »

Satch606 wrote:
mikel wrote:The I-1000 is an amazing tool, and the only tuner if its kind that works on such an amazing number of vehicles in one unit:
http://www.diablosport.com/support/intu ... chart.html

Unfortunately, the new vehicle you have is heavily encrypted by Chrysler in a direct effort to keep you from being able to tune your PCM.
We were the first, and for years, only ones who even bothered to spend the time (2+ years) to figure out how to get into these PCMs to allow tuning. An unfortunate side effect was the fact that the new methods required to get into these highly encrypted PCMs meant we needed to make a different intune part number to support them, based on how the databases are set up.

inTunes retail for $389, I'm sure you can recoup a good portion of that cost by selling it to anyone who needs one than put that toward the I-1000-DCX or Trinity to tune your 2012 model if you desire.

Thankks
You know what Mike, I am perfectly aware of the devices capabilities and the work that has gone into producing them. The situation is that I kind of expected you guys to value your customers more than to basically tell me to go scratch and give us more money. I paid a handsome amount of money for this tool and all I was looking for was some help, but no. Instead I feel like I was treated like someone who was looking for something for nothing and that's totally wrong.
It would be nice if they would update your tuner to work with the vehicle you purchased. Knowing the circumstances and providing proof, Diablosport should help you out. Good luck getting any help, maybe they can just further educate you on their product line?
2010 Silverado Ext.Cab 5.3L
MBRP exhaust
AirAid MIT AEM filter
Black bear Performance Tuned

2008 Silverado Ext. Cab 6.0L Vortec Max
GMPP exhaust
GMPP CAI
Black Bear Performance Tuned
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

Re: Thanks Diablosport for leaving me with an unusable devic

Post by Mike_Levy »

It can't be updated to work with his new truck. Its totally different. The DCX and regular I-1000 are in no way interchangeable or compatible.

Just suck it up, sell the i1000 and buy a DCX. Its not DiabloSports fault you decided to buy a Chrysler. They have no responsibility to make your old tuner work with the new truck. I've been in the same situation and I wouldn't even think about asking for a tuner for one car to be converted to work with something else. I have the old module for my Audi in my closet and buy new ones for every new car.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
User avatar
Satch606
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: Thanks Diablosport for leaving me with an unusable devic

Post by Satch606 »

Mike_Levy wrote:It can't be updated to work with his new truck. Its totally different. The DCX and regular I-1000 are in no way interchangeable or compatible.

Just suck it up, sell the i1000 and buy a DCX. Its not DiabloSports fault you decided to buy a Chrysler. They have no responsibility to make your old tuner work with the new truck. I've been in the same situation and I wouldn't even think about asking for a tuner for one car to be converted to work with something else. I have the old module for my Audi in my closet and buy new ones for every new car.
Hey look. Dumb ass response #2. :punisher:
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

Re: Thanks Diablosport for leaving me with an unusable devic

Post by Mike_Levy »

Yeah, because it doesn't agree with you its a dumb response. Its reality. Suck it up and move on.
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
User avatar
Satch606
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: Thanks Diablosport for leaving me with an unusable devic

Post by Satch606 »

Well aren't you special.
User avatar
Mike_Levy
Posts: 6715
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Between Orlando and Tampa

Re: Thanks Diablosport for leaving me with an unusable devic

Post by Mike_Levy »

You seem to think you are. Why don't you go ask K&N to make a TBSS intake fit a Hemi Jeep? Or ask Borla to do the same with a catback. Same thing here. Different unit, not interchangeable. Why are you having such a hard time understanding that? :?:
2021 BMW M550i xDrive
BMC Drop ins, JB4

2010 Nissan Murano beater
K&N Drop-in
hebe_jebe
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: Thanks Diablosport for leaving me with an unusable devic

Post by hebe_jebe »

Hey, there's another dude with sand in his vagina, complaining just like you. it seems like he's in the same situation you're in Except he needs the opposite of what you need. Why dont you 2 clean the sand from your respective vaginas and hook up to possibly swap tuners?

Your situation definitely sucks but in no way, shape, or form is Diablo at fault for anything. I have an InTune for my Suburban and will be the first to say it did NOT improve the performance of my Suburban at all. In fact, it actually crashed and did something that wouldnt let me start my car. Had to wait until the next day to reach tech support and then waited a whole damn day for someone to figure out how to fix it. So, needless to say, Im a little bitter as well. But, in your case, you have nothing to be pissed off about except the fact that you bought s Chrysler product......
Post Reply

Return to “General inTune forum”