Norton Security (PC) quarantines latest update exe

Post any issues or questions regarding the inTune auto updater application, or any PC related issues here.
Post Reply
sstevetx
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:32 pm

Norton Security (PC) quarantines latest update exe

Post by sstevetx »

Today I ran the updater and Norton Security gave me a popup stating the file had a "poor reputation" and quarantined the file (deleted it). I had to dig through Norton and tell it to restore the file. I did that and the 2nd time I ran it, Norton put in a firewall rule to stop it from connecting. Again, I had to dig through Norton to allow firewall access to that executable.

I know this isn't really a problem for Diablosport, but wanted to make you guys aware.
jnxv6
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: Norton Security (PC) quarantines latest update exe

Post by jnxv6 »

I had the exact same problem with my computer. I hooked it up to a work laptop with a different anti virus software program and it did the same thing. To be able to use the update program I had to remove the anti virus software.
Post Reply

Return to “Auto Updater/PC related issues”