Page 1 of 2
2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with pcm
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:35 am
by ozman911
Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:46 am
by mikel
what does it say when you try to communicate?
What does the tool show for options/show information/part?
Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:36 am
by ozman911
Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:14 am
by mikel
you need to put the tool on GM CAN GAS, select an 08 Tahoe, let it reboot, then try again.
Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:37 pm
by ozman911
Right on! I'll give it a shot and report back here when I get home tonight. Thank you mike.
Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:54 pm
by ozman911
Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:56 pm
by ozman911
Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:04 pm
by ozman911
Forgot to mention. Stock radio, turned off. Park brake is in. DTR overrode, trailer wire fuses are pulled. Battery is new and should have a good charge. Have a charger coming to double check. No aftermarket electronics.
Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:26 am
by ozman911
Put a battery charger on it for an hour just to top it off. Still same issue.
Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:10 am
by mikel
at what point exactly does it fail?
before it starts writing?
kinda sounds to me like the PCM might be locked?
Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:51 am
by ozman911
If you watch the video you can see the point it fails. After starting to install the tune it says please wait. It goes on for a few min then says Tune Not Installed. Just before it says that I did notice that the shift light goes all the way to 1st and I can hear some other noises. Then after it errors it sounds like it cycles the pcm as the door locks click and what not.
It is a stock ecm. How would it be locked?
Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:58 am
by ozman911
If I try to update the tool It ask me to force it with a code as I cannont restore the original backup.
Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:53 am
by ozman911
I called your techs with the programmer hooked up. The only answer they was offered was that These vehicles are hit or miss and I should return the item. My next question is do I return it to you or the place I got it from. I don't think they will like the fact that the item is married to my vehicle now. And it will not allow me to restore stock tune.
Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:51 pm
by mikel
return it to where you got it, the fact that its married should not be a problem.
Thanks
Re: 2006 Trailblazer EXT Trinity unable to communicate with
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:46 pm
by ozman911
Right on, I am going to try and get the engine in this weekend with everything hooked up and pray that works. If not I will return it and just take it to a dyno tuner.