Page 1 of 1

2003 Dodge Ram 5.7 misfires what PID to log?

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:13 pm
by Migander
I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 with 5.7.

Feels like I am dropping a cylinder.

Would like to log fuel trims and misfires.
Any idea what PIDs to log?

Assume if my fuel trim is constantly adjusting, going rich then leaning out that would be lack of spark,
This would show as misfire as well?

What PID logging could indicate a bad injector?

--Charlie

Re: 2003 Dodge Ram 5.7 misfires what PID to log?

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:05 am
by mikel
fuel trims are always adjusting, thats normal.
PIDs will be labeled misfire, should be a specific misfire group.
Tough to see a bad injector from one pid, but if you have a misfire in one cylinder move that injector and see if the misfire follows it.

Re: 2003 Dodge Ram 5.7 misfires what PID to log?

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:29 pm
by Migander
On the Tuner when configuring PID's if I select the "misfire" PID it jumps back to the PID configuration screen but does not add "misfire".
Should I be able to log this on a 2003 Ram 2500 5.7?

Re: 2003 Dodge Ram 5.7 misfires what PID to log?

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:18 pm
by mikel
please post the info.xml file from the i2 drive so I can check this out.

Re: 2003 Dodge Ram 5.7 misfires what PID to log?

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:06 pm
by Migander
See attached file.

Re: 2003 Dodge Ram 5.7 misfires what PID to log?

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:12 pm
by Migander
file posted