I have the MAFia for a 2005+ F7370. I need to wire it for my 90mustang. I am currently using a C&L air meter which uses the factory maf sensor. It is only a 4 wire. How would I wire this in? im guessing I A. got the wrong one or B. Am not going to use 2 of the wires. The maf harness on my car's 4 wires are..
red, black, tan with a blue chaser, blue with an orange chaser.
I was told I need to cut the harness off the MAFia and cut off my factory maf harness, wire the connector I cut off onto my factory harness, plug into the MAFia and my factory maf plug needs wired onto the location where I cut off the MAFia harness. Does this sound right?
Any help would be great.
MAFia on a 90 ford mustang
Moderator: mikel
RE: MAFia on a 90 ford mustang
I found out the wires on my 90 harness are.
A. Red. Power +
B. Blk. Ground -
C. tan with blue chaser. Signal -
D. blue with orange chaser. Signal +
so.. will I be wiring it up as follows :
05 harness "brown" to my factory harness "Blk" Ground
05 harness "purple" to my factory harness "Red" Power +
05 harness "Red" to my factory harness "blue with orange chaser" 05 harness states "maf signal" my harness states "signal +"
05 harness "Yellow" to my factory harness "tan with blue chaser" 05 harness states "signal return" my harness states "signal -"
A. Red. Power +
B. Blk. Ground -
C. tan with blue chaser. Signal -
D. blue with orange chaser. Signal +
so.. will I be wiring it up as follows :
05 harness "brown" to my factory harness "Blk" Ground
05 harness "purple" to my factory harness "Red" Power +
05 harness "Red" to my factory harness "blue with orange chaser" 05 harness states "maf signal" my harness states "signal +"
05 harness "Yellow" to my factory harness "tan with blue chaser" 05 harness states "signal return" my harness states "signal -"
Re: RE: MAFia on a 90 ford mustang
Correct! you are on the right track. The two extra wires can be ignored as you do not have an IAT sensor in your maf.bad90vert wrote:I found out the wires on my 90 harness are.
A. Red. Power +
B. Blk. Ground -
C. tan with blue chaser. Signal -
D. blue with orange chaser. Signal +
so.. will I be wiring it up as follows :
05 harness "brown" to my factory harness "Blk" Ground
05 harness "purple" to my factory harness "Red" Power +
05 harness "Red" to my factory harness "blue with orange chaser" 05 harness states "maf signal" my harness states "signal +"
05 harness "Yellow" to my factory harness "tan with blue chaser" 05 harness states "signal return" my harness states "signal -"
Kev